Any other 3/3s?

3/3 here. We should all remain humble! (I have never studied so hard in my life and glad that it’s over.)

Almost had an 18 month 3/3…then got stung with a Band 10 on L3…Ouch.

I’m not 3/3, but close - 3/4.

2008: L1 Fail 2009: Did not sit 2010: Did not sit 2011: Did not sit 2012: Did not sit 2013: L1 Pass 2014: L2 Pass 2015: L3 Pass

Although I can still say I passed all three exams consecutively. But really, no one ever asks how long it took you to earn the charter. You’re either a CFA charterholder, or you’re not. Case closed!

3 for 3 here. Never opened the CFAI books. All Kaplan books and practice exams except the CFAI mocks. NEVER want to do anything like this again haha.

It’s funny that everyone keeps mentioning ‘no one cares.’ Not to sound like a jerk, but they do. I’ve only been on a handful of interviews for buyside investing roles. However, each time that I interviewed they asked about the track record, when you took the exams/outcome/etc. Perhaps it’s the hard work that they admire, not intelligence (100% not joking). In the end we’re all the same, more or less, except quants - they are in fact a different level.

3/3 and I just turned 26 a couple weeks before the L3 exam. Also proud to be one of the few women in my section. I’m so happy to be done with CFA exams but I realize my experience was so much easier than that of a lot of people posting on this site.

3/3

wouldnt it be MUCH harder to pass the exams 3/3 in your 30s as opposed to your early 20s when you have zero responsibilities

I took L1 while in undergrad…that was not easy.

Then you take L2 and L3 when you are working crazy hours to get ahead.

Job becomes more 8-5 once you approach 30’s is my guess.

I took L1 in undergraduate as well, I definitely think taking it in the 20s are much easier even when you are working long hours because family can occupy practically all of your time. At least when you are working and no other family responsiblities you can squeeze out a few hours a day to spend on the CFA.

3/3 here. Started this journey in Dec 2013. Oh man, it’s been a journey!

3/3 here worked my rear off - feels great to be done!!!

I did it in my 30’s - it took a toll on my family, I would even say on my health because the only time I have to study is late at night - for level one 3 hrs a night for 6 months, for level two and three - 3 hrs a night 3 times a week from Aug to Dec, 3 hrs a night 5 times a weel + 4 hrs a day on weekends Dec through March, 4-5 hrs a nigth 5 times a week + 6-8 hrs a day on weekends March - Exam. I would classify myself as a person of average intellegence, but very disciplined, I have been in the business for about 6 years and I had compleated an MBA before starting this project. I took no time off from work for any of the exams, used both CFAI books and schweser and took as many practice exams as possible. I honestly believe that If I can do it…

dwheats, youre clueless bro.

3/3, but an odd journey:

• Passed L1 in 2002 on a scholarship, then took a job outside of financial markets
  • Passed L2 in 2013 with serious pain - had to relearn L1 material while studying for L2. Also, the material for L1 and L2 had morphed significantly.
  • Skipped 2014. It was my son’s senoir year in high school and I didn’t want to miss that important year buried in books.
  • Passed L3 in 2015.

So happy to be done. With a full-time job, 5 children, and other commitments, the process was pretty painful at times. But my wife and children were extremely supportive, as was my workplace (paid registration fees, gave me a week off before the test to study, covered third party study materials and a review course). Ultimately it was very rewarding, however.

Congratulations to those who passed. To those who didn’t, don’t despair. This is not an IQ test but a diligence and prioritization test. I would also recommend the Schwesser Dallas 5-Day course. The lead instructor was excellent, and it really helped me to prioritize my study the last few weeks. Just be sure to have gotten through all of the material at least once before attending the course so that it really is a review and not the first time you have seen the material.

3/3 at age 50 and feel VERY lucky. I started on a whim and figured I would just quit if I failed any level (as I can’t imagine restudying for any level and have the utmost admiration for those that have the motivation and energy to redo a level). I gave it my all though as I don’t like to fail anything.

much respect for 3/3 and also in 18 months which means Dec L1 pass and then pass Jun L2. To me that turnaround is too short especially for L2. Well done.

I turn 50 this year also. CFA can be done at any age, but I would suggest not waiting until the cobwebs start forming in the brain! :slight_smile:

Hello, fellow 8%er!

+1

Throw in kids, family and work plus extra!!! Et Voila, a tempest brews.