Any Success Stories?

I completely agree. You better be able to back up what you’re talking about especially at an event like that. I was just responding to bpdulog since he was insinuating that I was the chump you were talking to at the networking event.

I’m curious though, is there some sort of negative stigma working in a wealth management group? I work at one of the top US banks. We manage a little over $50 billion in fixed income assets and there’s about $2.5 billion in the companies I cover. I have feeling some people on this board would kill for my job.

BTW numi, interesting side job.

I don’t think bpdulog was insinuating that at all. All he was saying was that he was at the event too. Unfortunately we didn’t have the chance to meet, but hopefully next time.

Regarding stigmas, I’m sure everything out there has a “stigma” of some kind. I can’t speak for what that would be for wealth management since there are a lot of different functions under the wealth management umbrella. There were times when I was in sell-side research and whenever a stock traded against us, some people would say that our research was useless. Then I went to private equity and I’m sure there were people that thought all we did was raid companies and fire people. My view is that as long as you enjoy what you do and you see some positive motivation in how you contribute to the rest of the world, it doesn’t really matter what other people think. People will always find some reason to “stigmatize,” some of those reasons being informed and justified and others being totally ignorant. One can’t please everyone.

I’m an idiot. Nothing new. Sorry bpdulog if you ever read this.

I’m probably the one that has an unconscious negative view of working in wealth management and a little sensitive about it. I’ve been looking to move towards the institutional side with little luck.