Anyone having trouble finding motivation?

thenson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >At best you don’t know your personality type, and > at worst you don’t have any:) > > Um, thanks i think. > > But, I don’t need to know my Meyers-Briggs > classification to know myself or understand my own > personality type. No more than I need self-help > books to help myself. Think about it. > > That said, maybe I’ll take some time to do the > test in late June while I wait for results. > > I’d take it for kicks though, not because it would > define me or anything. This is how I see your type answer questions in an interview; Interviewer: thenson, Tell us about yourself? thenson: I am a good man always. Interviewer: What are your biggest weaknesses? thenson: I can’t concentrate for more than five minutes, I hate all forms of authority and tend to fall asleep at my desk.(or you say I don’t have any). Interviewer: How do you get along with others? thenson: Fine, as long as they stay out of my face. Interviewer: What does the word success mean to you? thenson: It means that I don’t have to drag my sorry $ss out of bed to kiss yours. Interviewer:Do you get along with your current boss? thenson: I get along fine, considering what kind of a malicious person he is. Interviewer:Do you ever get angry with co-workers? thenson: I don’t get angry, I get even. Interviewer:How do you handle change? thenson: I deal with it everyday, unless I’m out of clean underwear. And many weird answers when an online Myers test would have told you- " Your personality is ISFP. You are modest about your abilities, you usually do not care to lead but are often a loyal follower, and always relaxed about getting things done because you enjoy the present moment and do not want to spoil it by undue haste". Good luck.

ratul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh god, I just don’t feel like going through it - > the material is interesting, but there is so much > so it’s hard to continue to keep the party going. You just gave me a great idea. Instead of calling it studying, I will call it “the party.” Person: Hey man - you want to do XX on Sat? Me: No - I can’t I have to keep “the party going” Person: Well what about next week? Me: Yeah, sounds like fun, but “the party” keeps going till June. Great times.

Not everything covered by the CFA exam is enjoyable. I find some topics extremely exciting and some are just downright painful to even look at. Just gotta fight through the pain, bro. The job market sucks right now but it will bounce back. In fact, good money managers are extremely rare and I don’t think the demand for their skills will ever go away.

I think you should quit right now. The one thing I love about the severity of this recession is all the jerks that were in finance for the $$ are leaving. Finally I get to work with people that actually enjoy the problems in and of themselves. Adios putos is what I have to say …

I say, do whenever you want. It is all up to you…If you don’t feel like doing, don’t do it. If you just try to do it when you are not ready, you will end up wasting your time, energy, money and friendship/relationship. What a waste!

motivation is like p***s; needs stimulation if it is to grow bigger

> This is how I see your type answer questions in an > interview; > > Interviewer: thenson, Tell us about yourself? > thenson: I am a good man always. > Interviewer: What are your biggest weaknesses? > thenson: I can’t concentrate for more than five > minutes, I hate all forms of authority and tend to > fall asleep at my desk.(or you say I don’t have > any). > Interviewer: How do you get along with others? > thenson: Fine, as long as they stay out of my > face. > Interviewer: What does the word success mean to > you? > thenson: It means that I don’t have to drag my > sorry $ss out of bed to kiss yours. > Interviewer:Do you get along with your current > boss? > thenson: I get along fine, considering what kind > of a malicious person he is. > Interviewer:Do you ever get angry with > co-workers? > thenson: I don’t get angry, I get even. > Interviewer:How do you handle change? > thenson: I deal with it everyday, unless I’m out > of clean underwear. > > And many weird answers when an online Myers test > would have told you- " Your personality is ISFP. > You are modest about your abilities, you usually > do not care to lead but are often a loyal > follower, and always relaxed about getting things > done because you enjoy the present moment and do > not want to spoil it by undue haste". > > Good luck. Ha, that’s pretty funny, and some parts are pretty accurate. Did you get all of that out of my two posts? The only part that I’m definitely not is the passive aggressive side “fine as long as they stay out of my face” - or at least so I’d like to think. I’m sure there’s some pretty good science behind it but at the same time it seems rather similar to astrological signs - general enough that it seems mostly accurate to everyone. Either way, it made for a good read. Good luck to you too

Astrological signs are random. I don’t go by them either. Your Meyers-Briggs result are based on how you personaly answer 100+ or so questions about how you think, relate to things, take action, react to feelings/facts…so on. 2 Samples: I’m a proud ENTP The Visionary Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into “one-up-manship”. They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions. my bf is an INTJ Free-Thinker (actuaries don’t talk much so this helps a lot to understand what the heck is going on in that head!) Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders Facebook has a great free Meyers-Briggs application…check it out! *Also a very good tool to help profile clients so you know how to present them info or convince them to take action.