Anyone just start studying?

I just started about 2 weeks ago. I have never been the type to study over long periods of time, it just never really worked well for me. Most people would call my study techniques"cramming" but, you’re only cramming if you’re lazy. I would have liked to start studying a little earlier but sometimes life gets in the way. I’ve read the post from Bleron, the guy who passed L2 with 8 days of study, and definitely believe that it’s possible but, very very unlikely. L2 is doable with 30 days of study for a select few. You need to be able to retain vasts amounts of information very rapidly, kind of like trying to drink from an open fire hydrant. I do not have a PhD in Finance but, I do have a fairly extensive background in the industry which has allowed me first hand exposure to the majority of the exam material. With enough work anything is possible. Do the EOC questions, especially the vignettes, over Schweser.

“Do the EOC questions, especially the vignettes, over Schweser.” Thanks a lot for the tip; I think I’ll use it. Good luck with the studying. See you on the other side.

JDCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eikichionizuka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stick to EOC CFAI, as well as Schweser Exams Vol > 1 > > &2, if you can get through this stuff a couple > of > > times you will definitely have a fair shot as > > passing. Don’t waste time with reading the > > material except to clarify, doing questions and > > building retention is key. > > So, you think the EOC questions would be better > than Qbank? If two groups were to study using exclusively CFAI EOC questions or Qbank, ceteris paribus, I’d estimate the pass ratio between the two groups would be somewhere around 4:1.

But the question is if such groups had three weeks to study, would the EOC questions be too involved and long compared to the Qbank, which may be suitable.

If you had an MBA or accounting degree I believe it would be possible. Coming from a law background, complete opposite of the material, I dont believe it can be done. Even lawyers at the SEC dont know anything about the financial markets.

If you can study full time for the next month, you’ll pass easily - with a job, not as easy, but still plausible for someone with a finance background. It’s not rocket science - put in a solid 150-200 hours and you’ll be fine. And I wouldn’t even touch the CFAI books - Schweser is all you need (and time is certainly of the essence for you). Good luck.

This guy has just done with school, and I guess he can study 10 hours a day. So, 300+ hours totally. He has a good chance.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you had an MBA or accounting degree I believe > it would be possible. Coming from a law > background, complete opposite of the material, I > dont believe it can be done. Even lawyers at the > SEC dont know anything about the financial > markets. haha +1.

hows this going?

Well, on track to (maybe) finish CorpFin tomorrow having gone straight through the curriculum skipping Ethics. Got a good pace going and most of the material is understandable first run through. Though, I’ll definitely have to go in more depth on some topics that I didn’t quite get like currency cross-rate w/ bid-ask. I imagine it will come down to the complexity of the asset class material. If it is like the previous reads, should be ok to finish with approx. 3 days for practice problems. Still haven’t decided exactly how to conduct the review and I’m open to suggestions. Also, what do people think of using Schweser for Ethics versus CFAI? I had subscribed to the thinking that CFAI was meaningfully better for Ethics, but using Schweser would free up some time. Unfortunately, I begin an internship mid month, which is why I only gave myself 20 days. Still, with those 20 days, I give my chances at better than 50:50.