Anyone recommends IFT for June 2019?

For IFT, yes.

Chill out skippy. Stop, read and think before you talk.

I said “I cannot stand Indian accents”. This statement concerns me. It is my preference and has NOTHING to do with the instructor. As a matter of fact, i subscribed to the IFT program as of yesterday.

He is from Pakistan, great, good for him. It is something I did not know. To me Indians/Pakistanis look and sound the same if that is ok with you.

I did not read one single page of the CFAi books for 2 or 3. I solely watched the IFT videos. They are more then enough, I assure you.

IFT are ok for Level 3…definitely not as good as their Level 2 material. They offer great practice questions and ‘completion papers’ (google these) but their mock exam package was really poor in my opinion. This said, I believe the IFT material was very beneficial and if I had to recommend one package it would be the completion papers.

I would agree on their mocks. Level 2 they really excel, but I disagree on their videos (which is the main product). The videos and crash course are superb at all levels!

I purchased both Level Up videos and IFT this year and my take is IFT is much better option than Level Up videos. The major differences are the following:

1. Level Up videos assumes that you come prepared (i.e. already read the chapter and blue boxes) before listening to the videos. IFT does not make this assumption and explain each and everything in a layman style and a greater detail.

2. Detailed coverage of Return calculation is covered in 4-5 days boot camp near exam by Level Up whereas in videos couple of examples are discussed from the curriculum so in order to have the grip on return calculation you also have to buy boot camp along with videos. IFT actually solves each and every question (not just only return calculation) for the last 5 years which gives a fair idea how much to write in the exam.

3. IFT is must cheaper than Level Up.

Probably a silly question, but since IFT notes are all PDF related, are we able to print the notes out or are we restricted just as CFAI does with its ebook? I don’t think my eyes can take the strain of reading on a screen for hours at a time.

I am still deciding between LevelUP videos/slide book and IFT. I used LevelUp before and liked the videos and slides, but IFT seems like a more comprehensive package. I will try the 7 day free trial and decide… the IFT is substantially cheaper.

When I took the exam, I self studied directly from the curriculum, but I did use IFT’s crash course, for the summary slide videos during review but more importantly the past AM exam review videos. Those were gold. I found the Crash Course to be an incredible product for the cost. I’d imagine the full package is excellent as well.

Just keep one thing in mind. No review note courses can fully replace studying directly from the curriculum at Level III. It can work, and many will pass barely cracking the curriculum books open, but in my opinion the best way to put yourself in the best position possible to pass is to bite the bullet and read the curriculum books for this exam. That means start early and work hard. Good luck!

Relax. Yeah I can’t stand ignorant pontifications of personal supremacist preferences either. Enjoy the accent. And good luck.

Years ago, I worked as a consultant for a company based in the UK, and my assignment had me working with a group of Japanese engineers in North Carolina.

There were two other consultants on the project – one from Lincolnshire and one from Manchester – and occasionally the President of US operations would come up from Atlanta; he’s from Glasgow.

To me, these three men couldn’t have sounded more different. However, to the Japanese engineer with whom I worked most closely, they all sounded exactly the same (and he couldn’t understand any of them; I had to be his translator).

What was really funny was that while, one-on-one, I could talk to each of these three men and understand them perfectly, if they were talking to each other (especially at a pub) and I was on the sidelines, I couldn’t understand one word that either was saying.

Accents are a funny thing.

What package did you guys use from IFT: Basic/Basic Plus/Premium?

Please discuss if you can, I’m leaning towards premium for the 3 mocks alone tbh.

I listened to IFT videos while driving to/from work during the week. The great thing is that you can download the videos so no need to use data. Then in the weekend I read the curriculum, highlighted text and made notes on the margins, and finished the end of chapter questions. I tackled one reading per week. In 34 weeks I covered the whole curriculum once. Then I spent 2 more months reviewing notes and doing mocks. I passed with my first attempt at over 90 percentile :slight_smile: I started level 1 in Dec 16 and I am glad it’s over. Btw I am a working mom with a 8-year-old and turning 50 next month. It can be done!

MM or IFT? Read another thread about peers learning tremendously from MM exam grading with s2000Magican and others.

FYI the MM exam grading premium package is sold out. I was only able to purchase the package without the exam grading.

Mark’s looking to hire another grader, and I’ve recommended one to him.

If he can do so, he’ll have another 100+ exam slots open.

Really appreicate the updates.

For me Mark Meldrum is a must have. I used him exclusively for Lvl2.(passed at the 90th percentile) and i think his videos and seminars are second to none. The only weak spot I found was his explanation of pension accounting. For me FRA is my strongest point and did not really need to study these, but I could have explained these in a much simpler way. At around 400CAD, his material is the best value for money one can get.

Other than that, I gave IFT, basic+ package a go. That said - and because i like to have overly sensitive millennials triggered- I cant stand Arif’s accent. Prefer MM’s Canadian, hey

Ok, so which provider has the best LIII Mocks then?

I’m hoping that for 2019 Mark Meldrum has.