Anyone sending their work exp for approval?

I am definitely going to get my work experience approved. No idea about this sponsorship stuff you guys speak of… I do recall detailing my work experience on their website some months ago. Is that where you submit it?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes one CFA from local society and current manager > (not sure about previous manager) I just asked them what to do since I’m unemployed - I’ll post their response if and when I receive it for anyone else interested.

Update - didn’t wanna wait for an email response so I called. Bottom line is that a relative who’s a charterholder can be a sponsor, and your previous supervisor (if you’re unemployed like moi) can also be your sponsor. On another note, changing my society from Philly to NY.

i think i am caveman. wanna go “clubbing” together this weekend? :smiley: do u have a cave that i can borrow? prefer midtown :smiley: deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfaboston28 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Boris_7 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > can i do i swap with u? > > > i will give u my invoices, in return u buy me > > > cheap liquor, fat cigar and easy women? :smiley: > > > > > > Easy womem you mean those who are listed on > > craigslist? > > those are a lil too ‘ez’…you want the ones that > play hard ball. Why can’t it be like it was way > back when you could just club the girl you liked > over the head drag her to your cave? Now we have > all these unnecessary extra steps like ‘talking’ > and ‘feelings’ to slow it down.

^ First tell me - concave is constant mix or CPPI?

yr cave is so mixed

Do you work for Geico, caveman?

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Update - didn’t wanna wait for an email response > so I called. > > Bottom line is that a relative who’s a > charterholder can be a sponsor, and your previous > supervisor (if you’re unemployed like moi) can > also be your sponsor. > > On another note, changing my society from Philly > to NY. Hey bud, does it mean you need only one CFA charter holder sponsor and the other (supervisor) sponsor can be a non-charter holder?

Ellejay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had over 4 years work experience before signing > up for level 1 - needed it as I do not have a > degree. > > I looked into getting my sponsors back in March, > and just paid my first membership dues - I figure > if I pass, I can use the designation right away. > If I failed, should only be one year of dues that > I pay assuming I pass next year. I figured there > would be a lot of applications for membership late > August, and wanted to get it done. > > It took about a month or so to get membership > approval. I don’t think they ever contacted my > supervisor for verification…unless they did and > he did not mention it to me (I think he would). I > had to ask my local society to assist me in > getting a sponsor from their society, as my > supervisor is the only CFA Charterholder I know > well enough to ask. Ellejay, how did you go about getting a sponsor from your local society? you just call them up and they give you names of the potential sponsors who are charter holders? since the don’t know you, what are the things they require from you (besides money :slight_smile: to sponsor you?

just curious. if i can put guys from local society, can i put down my club man here as my sponsor?

good reminder to pay my dues people.

Ashwin - exactly like you said, I emailed my local society and explained the situation to them and asked for their assistance on how to proceed. There was a form I needed to complete listed my work experience and why I required a sponsor, my supervisor’s name, where I work and such…mainly everything I disclosed to CFA Institute already - nothing major. If you don’t have a local society near you - here is what it says on CFAI website: “A number of CFA Institute societies are willing to assist applicants in remote areas with locating society members to sponsor them. View further information on the Remote Sponsorship Program.” My local society was very helpful and it did not take long for the sponsor to complete their part. Hope this helps

Ashwin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Update - didn’t wanna wait for an email > response > > so I called. > > > > Bottom line is that a relative who’s a > > charterholder can be a sponsor, and your > previous > > supervisor (if you’re unemployed like moi) can > > also be your sponsor. > > > > On another note, changing my society from > Philly > > to NY. > > Hey bud, does it mean you need only one CFA > charter holder sponsor and the other (supervisor) > sponsor can be a non-charter holder? Your supervisor does not need to be a charterholder, that is correct. IMO, much easier and quicker to get this taken care of now. They will be dealing with a bunch of requests if you wait until results come out. I took care of this last year, and it was a breeze–approved very quickly. If we already are members and have work experience approved, can we use the letters as soon as results come out? Anyone know?

^ thanks guys. this is helpful. I will contact my local cfa society (atl) tomorrow and get at least the sponsorship process started. I will still need some help in ACCURATELY AND PRECISELY writing my work experience so that I don’t have to keep redoing it like some people’s experience here in the forum.

Mine is only close to 40/48. So i will wait.