Anyone studying tonight?

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One vitally important tip: > > Drink bourbon / Irish Whiskey on the rocks > > Drink Scotch straight (in a small glass) > > Whiskey loses all of it’s flavor when mixed with > other crap. i love how you bring your cfa-esque analysis skills to whiskey drinking… note taken. thanks…

3.5 in the books. Makers time. Nice work!

Two hours in…two hours to go, maybe 3 if I don’t burn out. So far I’m feelin not bad tonight. Have a big weekend of studying planned. 4-5 hours tonight, 6-7 hours Sat and same Sunday. Time to step it up a notch.

mcleod. out of left field bump. finally picked up a bottle of glenlivet as recommended above. good call. my favorite so far though i haven’t tried many…

Nice man. That is some good sh!t. Have you come across any other good Scotch in your quest? I remember this night well… This thread turned a Friday night Inst’l IPS E.O.C. session into a drink Glenlivit and hit the Q-bank session.

Not really. I kind of stopped my whiskey hunt for a while after the test. i was just at costco and saw the glenlivet, remembered this thread, so picked it up… i saw some pricier stuff, not scotch… johnnie walker blue and green label and an irish whiskey i hadn’t heard of, but i don’t know… i like this glenlivet (and i think i prefer scotch whiskey to the others as well). don’t think i’m ready for the $100 plus whiskey just yet. i remember that friday night too. i think i ended up taking a few shots then fell asleep early. classic.

I was just glad to see I was part of the orignal post. I’m a Vodka Coke guy myself. Can pound em all night and never a hangover the next day. Any combination of Scotch, Rye, Whiskey…man those all just kill me dead.

oh yeah. BB was in the house for sure…

I think I mentioned it before, but I highly recommend bruichladdich scotch. Costco even sells a bottle now, about $60 I think.

A buddy of mine just got back from Scotland and of all the scotch that he tried while he was there he said that Edradour was the winner by a decent margin.

You should try Yamazake (Suntory Single Malt). Make sure to get the 18yr though, the 12yr is not good. Think Johnny Red vs. Johhny Black (red is awful, black is the bees knees).

^ -1000 for acutally using the term “bees knees” :slight_smile:

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ > > -1000 for acutally using the term “bees knees” > > :slight_smile: Would you have preferred ‘cat’s pajamas’…or perhaps ‘cat’s knees’ or ‘bees pajamas’? I’m just that old school.

one word boys (and girls)…Jameson. Learn it…know it…live it

thanks for all the suggestions. i’m going to try all of these. not sure in which order.