Anyone who hasn't failed any CFA exam yet???

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Assuming everyone is the same and has about a 50% > chance of passing each exam, then 1/8 people will > pass all 3 exams without failing. It really does > not mean anything. People who prepare better have a better chance of passing, so passing all exams on first try usually means you are motivated and prepared well.

+1 I haven’t failed yet in last 2 levels consecutively given in previous 2 Junes (08 & 09). Waiting for similar results (hopefully with crossed fingers) for L3 given this june. I haven’t feel/treated with anything extra-ordinary with passing them without failure, however will feel proud for myself if I clear L3 also and if I manage to receive charterholder quickly (membership under process).

Not yet!!! But the AM session still giving me nightmares…

bhavya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not yet!!! > > But the AM session still giving me nightmares… ------------------------------------------------- +1… but this just make me feel lucky myself and realize how brave and determined other retrial guys are…in personal, I would prefer those spartan if I am an employer because you will sure face some temporary failures in your life soon or late…so it is very important to know how to stand up and move forward rather than looking back with a satisfied smile.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I passed the first two exams first try. > Privately I felt pretty good about this but after > all the snarky comments I FEEL NOTHING BUT SHAME, > MY GOD MY LIFE IS A SHAM AND MY ACHIEVEMENTS > FUNDAMENTALLY EMPTY NOOOOOOOOOOOO. > > I’m assuming level three is well within rights to > give me a big scoop of karma. But yeah, if I pass > it first try, I’ll be pleased as well. My comment wasn’t snarky. It was meant to show that many very well prepared, intelligent candidates fail a level for whatever reason (luck/noise). Those who pass 3/3 should feel good about themselves, but at the same time it should be tempered with the knowledge that they may have been a bit fortunate too. It isn’t all a function of one’s will. That being said, there IS a small percentage of the candidate pool that is almost an automatic 3/3 due to experience with the material or outright nasty intelligence. Maybe you fall into this category.

What do these people have in common: Lebron James, The Situation and Ron Burgundy? They have not failed a CFA exam either.

Lamp

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Of course passing the three exams without failing is related to hard work and intelligence. However, some mediocre candidates will not fail any of the exams purely based on statistics. Likewise, some smart and hardworking people will fail, also due to statistics. In conclusion, we should not base any decisions on whether or not someone passed all three exams on their first tries.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cityboy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Of course passing the three exams without failing > is related to hard work and intelligence. However, > some mediocre candidates will not fail any of the > exams purely based on statistics. Likewise, some > smart and hardworking people will fail, also due > to statistics. In conclusion, we should not base > any decisions on whether or not someone passed all > three exams on their first tries. +1 This is exactly what I have been trying to say. I find this especially true at level 2 where 120 questions is just too small of a sample of the CBOK. I would rather have a 1000 question test and eliminate the noise.

I don’t remember people on AF by how many tries it took them to pass CFA exams. I remember them by what I have learned from them and the discussions we had. For example, mwvt came up with an analogy of using indirect way of calculating CFO to explain pension expense. GMofDen explained how to manipulate and convert real/nominal ratios for Emerging markets, etc.

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What do these people have in common: Lebron James, > The Situation and Ron Burgundy? > > They have not failed a CFA exam either. That is true. And LeBron is making more money than most CFA charterholders ever will. But then again, if I had my own 1-hr special on ESPN called “The Decision” where I get to choose who will be writing me multi-million dollar checks for the next several years, I’d probably think twice about taking the CFA exam as well.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersadface Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So I passed the first two exams first try. > > Privately I felt pretty good about this but > after > > all the snarky comments I FEEL NOTHING BUT > SHAME, > > MY GOD MY LIFE IS A SHAM AND MY ACHIEVEMENTS > > FUNDAMENTALLY EMPTY NOOOOOOOOOOOO. > > > > I’m assuming level three is well within rights > to > > give me a big scoop of karma. But yeah, if I > pass > > it first try, I’ll be pleased as well. > > My comment wasn’t snarky. It was meant to show > that many very well prepared, intelligent > candidates fail a level for whatever reason > (luck/noise). Those who pass 3/3 should feel good > about themselves, but at the same time it should > be tempered with the knowledge that they may have > been a bit fortunate too. It isn’t all a function > of one’s will. > > That being said, there IS a small percentage of > the candidate pool that is almost an automatic 3/3 > due to experience with the material or outright > nasty intelligence. Maybe you fall into this > category. I’m sure there is a little bit of survivorship bias going on in this thread as well!

Yeah, you’re lookin’ at one. Level III, come get some. I’m off this thing till January. See you on the beach.

my dog hasn’t failed any CFA tests so far…because he hasn’t sit for any.

Could anybody explain whether is misleading to state: I haven’t failed a CFA exam yet, or I have passed all CFA exams in consecutive attempts? I first enrolled to take L1 in college, and my schedule didn’t allow me to prepare properly, so I didn’t return for the second session (exam didn’t get graded). The following year, I took L1, passed, then L2 and passed, and now I am waiting on L3. If I do as I hope this year, is it accurate and truthful to say that I have passed three levels on consecutive attempts? This is my first post at the forum. I’d greatly appreciate your opinions. rramos

I think you are accurate and fair. You didnt take the test / it wasnt graded. If you didnt get a result - you didnt take it.

Similar situation for me. I took L1 with about 1-2 weeks of studying so it was more or less just a chance to see what the test was like. From there on out I’ve passed them all. I would have no problem saying that I passed all three levels consecutively. That’s my plan. Better to just avoid saying you haven’t failed any and let them assume. rramos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could anybody explain whether is misleading to > state: I haven’t failed a CFA exam yet, or I have > passed all CFA exams in consecutive attempts? >

i passed 09 dec lv1 and 10 jun lv2 i feel good but it does not mean anything i guess. afterall experience matters the most

I hope someone asks you dbags who say ‘you passed all 3 consecutively’ if you failed or if you never finished an exam. You’re more likely hurting your chances than helping them by trying to boast over this ‘feat’, you realize that don’t you?

rramos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could anybody explain whether is misleading to > state: I haven’t failed a CFA exam yet, or I have > passed all CFA exams in consecutive attempts? > > I first enrolled to take L1 in college, and my > schedule didn’t allow me to prepare properly, so I > didn’t return for the second session (exam didn’t > get graded). The following year, I took L1, > passed, then L2 and passed, and now I am waiting > on L3. If I do as I hope this year, is it > accurate and truthful to say that I have passed > three levels on consecutive attempts? > > This is my first post at the forum. I’d greatly > appreciate your opinions. > > rramos You can make up whatever excuses you want but the fact is you did not go 3/3 nor do you even have a chance to go 3/3.