Anyone with FX experience?

Al Gore rhythm

Ya think that’s how turd dances?

Related image

currency imo is gambling and your gambling on shit prospects cuz they’re all fiat money where the central bank can print a ton to cause inflation etc etc. the buying power of $1 100 years ago is now equivalent to a nickel today.

gold which imo is not really a currency appreciates just a tad faster than inflation cuz its more fixed.

If I agree with you, can we go back to posting dope gif’s? Truthfully, I DO agree with you. But I can’t quit my job because of those things called bills right? I’d rather have the freedom to just trade options on a basket of 20 stocks and sit back and relax. But compliance probably wouldn’t even approve of me buying Enron. They literally don’t let us trade jack sht. It’s wrong. This is not want I wanted to go into finance for. But, instead of just sitting here all day with my pipi in my hands, I’m going to do at least SOMETHING to get my trading buzz on. So right now, it looks like it’s currency.

I’ll be hoenst though, I would have at least suspected there would be more support for this than trading crypto currency? but maybe that’s my best move.

LOL…we’re just jealous that you’re having fun and have this urge to make you as miserable as we are :neutral_face:

by all means do as you please. im just giving the 411 from what i experienced. 1k is really nothing. i mean when i was in college. i was buying and selling options my junior year. i had like 5k total at about 500 to 1k per trade with 9 mos+ options. i ended with 6k and an ipad. it was suppose to be a lot more though. i think my highest balance was 10k, all within a year. i prolly spent 1k in comissions. the ipad cost like 500 bucks and spent like 300 dollars on stock apps. i bought this really cool $80 app that tracked how time decay affected an option. i quit doing it because it felt really dumb that half of my profits essentially went to comission. but my exposure to the subject lead to an internship for me my senior year. i was hired to collect data on option premiums for different stocks, essentially covered calls. lol. anyways i quit the internship cuz i got a job offer at a sas consulting firm b4 i graduated. my main focus was just to get charter and learn at work. so just because you dont have skin in the game doesnt mean you’re not learning. but you also learn more about yourself when you have skin in the game so i guess its best to do it when you are only risking very little!

Nerdy is on point.

Even though I personally failed in markets, I am really glad I had the experience and the lessons I got out of it. My perception of risk vs reward, data analysis, bias, statistical validity, and academia vs experience have all been molded for the better. I use what I learned ALL THE TIME. I too took small risks or learned though testing/ paper trade so I am able to enjoy all I got from the experience without the large cost. Sounds like you have better luck than me when it comes to what products/ strategies you focused on but do be careful! Technically based edges have a shelf life! I hope it all works out, but even if it does not, you will end up as I did with the consolation prize :wink:

Also, actually don’t know much about spread betting… It was big with the UK traders though.

I like the assessment from my old IBer boss, who was a big shot FX guy back in the day…

" Nobody knows WTF is going on. Oh…and never hedge."

It’s a total cluster, I just admit I’m 100% ignorant, and stay away from it as a separate asset class.

Account is sitting at a realized gain of +3% after one month. I think that’s pretty good considering this is the stupidest crap shoot investment you could ever make.

3 percent is good for a month. A cagr is 43 percent per year. The key is if you can keep it up.

Eh seems well within the realm of luck. Here’s a quick test: could you lose money on purpose trading FX CEO10k? (of course ex-trading fees)

Ah! Thats a great exercise!

Would it be possible that it’s maybe just a little bit of skill though? Because you can find horror stories where this market beats the living sht out of people time and time again. So, at least I’m positive.

Sure, just do what he’s doing but backwards.

Put a taco in it already would’ya?

It’s definitely possible but most likely improbable! I believe 90 percent of retail traders lose money!

Well, I am beating the statistics. After exactly one month of trading my account is now up 20.292%. I’ll be taking my money and running at this point though - I have a car to buy and need the cash.

But I hope to return. Also, I can post the transaction history if anyone would like. But, I turned $500.00 into $601.46 as of a few minutes ago. Maybe it’s luck. But if 90% of traders end up losing money, I have objectively beaten the odds - which opens up for considerable discussion I may be able to do this successfully over the long run.

edit: After a $20.00 withdrawal fee I only get to keep $581.46. That’s a bunch of bologna. I’ve just been horse fkked by a withdrawal fee. Jesus.

So you went from up 3% over a month of trading to up 20% over a month +5 days? Yes my friend, that’s luck. Don’t be fooled by randomness.

Haha, I know. I am whole heartedly agreeing with you. I just want to look cool for once in front of you guys.