Anything Funny Happen at Your Test Center?

I saw the proctor taking the paper that wraps around erasers (in other parts of the world, we call them rubbers)…

@Alman888 - Which section were you sitting in? I’m in Sydney too, and the proctor took the wrapper off my eraser… funny how they didn’t care about anyone talking before the exam though…

All I know is that I would have been totally suspicious of this one dude, during the first 40 mins of the exam, he went to the restroom 5 times!!! and many many people kept going and going, I was like WTF?? They are freaking 20 years old, they dont have bladder problems, People kill me with their over kill, come on 3 calculators?? 4-10 pencils?? Now if you fail the exam with all that, you’re an idiot, should have spent more time studying than worrying about batteries and pencils, Some retard turned in his keys because it had an electronic key fob on it, he was so nervous, dork. Another person, before the afternoon session, turned around and asked the lady sitting behind him, how do you clear the cash flow data?? Some guy smelled like weed really bad. 3 people didnt return for the afternoon session. 4 people walked out early. A ton of people just sat there around the 2 hour mark and turned their test over. They didnt have the balls to just walk out and admit (and be embarrassed) they they just failed it, and I KNOW they were not seriously done!

@PatsFan2001 - I was in Section W. And yourself?

Dude, I don’t think walking out early is an indication of your ability to pass the exam. If you have a finance background and put even a moderate amount of time into preparing, the exam was easy. I walked out at 2:05 and 2:30 and I know I absolutely crushed that exam.

We had 78 exams for our section, but they only needed 60 because of the no shows. The table to the right and left had nobody…but they still made me sit with a girl who was 5 foot nothing but erased her scantron like hulk hogan.

Well (for a change) I have my own. When the proctor had asked me what my group# was, was like you need glasses my friend. But to my suprise, my printer had misbehaved and printed everything right but the fine print that had my cand# This was @855. To my fortune, the fedex next door did not answer my repeated knock on its door. I had to run to the pnc bank 3 blocks away and beg an officer to have it printed. I am like need to send her flowers @my.very next opp. Thank god, they aloowed my 10min after

@ Alman888 - I was in Section AA… Thought it was funny how some of the gilrs came dressed up like they were going clubbing… Most people were in sweatpants/jeans… but I saw a few girls who looked ready to hit the bars…

Did anyone else notice how it was mostly White guys, Asians, and really hot girls? I couldn’t get over the stereotypes. Someguy (prob L3) drove his Lotus to the exam. Also I loved how the L3 guys were tossing PBR’s to everyone from a pickup truck after. Probably tailgated for 30 min. before people started to go home.

Yep, the queue for the toilet was like Chinatown (myself included…)

Took my exam here in London after taking my last one in Sydney… omigosh there were a lot of people compared to home. It was insane. The Jubilee line was crammed with people reading notes - even our tube driver wished us luck. Felt so sorry for a girl who noticed at 8.20am that her ticket had printed out symbols rather than her name, number, etc - I wonder if she got to sit the exam. One of our proctors was bored and started picking up ‘exotic’ passports for a look at the stamps… fine, but he didn’t have to stand at my desk whilst he did it. You don’t want those guys near you. It automatically makes you feel guilty of something!!

well i sat in Karachi…the candidates were offered refund and defferal option due to cyclone theat so many availed it i think…I did witness a guy with a lag bag full of both schweser and CFA curriculum books…man i was laughing!:):):)…and yeah during break When I took tea and got 30 Rs out my purse (which i though would be the rate on the higher side) but had to pay 300 for tea that wasnt even wroth 10…(thanks God!..I was left with Fair for home) :slight_smile:

In Montreal during the break there was the obligatory 50 people off to the side nervously cramming. But the best was this really cute asian girl flipping through pages in a CFAI book as fast as possible. Like you couldn’t even read a word she was flipping through them so fast. Then her friend comes up to her and she keeps flipping the pages without even looking at them. At that point, I think its time to put the books away and do some deep breathing

The proctor who was guarding the bathroom was telling me how he got his designation 8 years ago and how much it had changed… I was like oh yeah what do you do now he said he is a musician since the market went down… He then started telling me how it was a lot different than wnen he took it here (ATL) and I knew he was lying bc it was the first year at the GWCC… I was also pretty sure he wasn’t a CFA b/c he didn’t exactly fit the “demographic” if you catch what I’m saying he was a little dark…

Did anyone’s calculator battery actually die midtest? Does that even happen? Personally, I rolled the dice. Also, relating to calculators, does your HP12c only spell out half of the word “running” when it is computing an NPV, IRR, or PV? Mine does for some reason. Maybe it’s the battery…

haha flux that’s so bad… I had a guy *in* my bathroom- I was looking for his tip jar and some select colognes.

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The proctor who was guarding the bathroom was > telling me how he got his designation 8 years ago > and how much it had changed… I was like oh > yeah what do you do now he said he is a musician > since the market went down… He then started > telling me how it was a lot different than wnen he > took it here (ATL) and I knew he was lying bc it > was the first year at the GWCC… I was also > pretty sure he wasn’t a CFA b/c he didn’t exactly > fit the “demographic” if you catch what I’m saying > he was a little dark… its been at the GWCC before…

I sat in the last row of my section. The proctor behind me standing there was ULTRA HOT. Blond, blue eyes, great figure… just amazing. And then this other girl front left table was asian and ULTRA CUTE. Thank god they didn’t sit next to me, so it wasn’t that big a distraction… What sucks is I have a need to stay hydrated, so I keep a cup of water under my desk and half-way through, this ugly old female proctor goes “you can’t have water under the desk” You’ve got to be kidding. You people provided the cup and the water, and it’s under my desk. And I do this every year without problems. She was just being a b*tch

1. During lunch it really sucked, there was NO FOOD at the test center. So you had like 500 people all try to drive out at the same time (through a small entrance) and try to get to the nearest small town to look for food. 2. I went to the bathroom during the exam after drinking a lot of water during lunch, and this guy proctor followed me in and watched me go from near the towel dispensers. But he did activate the hands free towel wipes for me, which was nice.

The lead administrator of the afternoon session in Boston was a major Biatch. She was on a major power trip (can’t understand why) and announced the instructions to the auditorium in this ridiculously nasty, aggressive tone, like she was the prosecutor and we were all charged with heinous war crimes. This fat, ugly wench made me feel shame.