Apple Watch 3

lolol yessss

Image result for yessss gif

Why is there not one good smart watch that looks good and does everything?

This is an advertising account. Every one of its posts links to some shady website as “advice.”

^^^ In the other words, a spammer.

Apple Watch is a fancy gadget but I don’t know whether is a difference between series 1 or 2 and series 3 worth to upgrade.

I don’t know about this Apple watch battery. I’ve only been using it for 2 days and it is a real pain for me. I can’t do multiple workouts and track them in the same day. Its too much for the watch/phone. What do you guys do with this thing - you get one charge in daily and that suffices? I think I have 2 weeks to test it out before I have to keep it for 2 years or until it breaks (I can exchange for different brand if it breaks).

If you are tracking more than 3 hours via gps without the phone it’s an issue.

My Apple Watch broke today. It has only been a couple of days since I’ve owned it.

I really despised the battery life. Didn’t even last 1 full day, I had to charge midday. Also, the mph on Strava overlays on my Cycliq seemed off. My phone had better and more accurate overlays than the Apple Watch (you could see me going 20mph etc and screen shows 4mph or something).

Im thinking of getting a Garmin next. I have to get it from Best Buy as they will give me a credit. Thinking of the Fenix 5 47mm. There is a bigger one that’s a hundred bucks more, not sure if it just has a bigger face.

The Fitbit Ionic was really good for me in battery life, in retrospect. I just want a good reliable device with music, accurate GPS tracking and long battery life.

I guess I was naive to expect all these and high durability at that price point, so time to go higher. This watch just looks super durable.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/garmin-fenix-5-smartwatch-47mm-fiber-reinforced-polymer-slate-gray-with-black-band/5714479.p?skuId=5714479

This watch looks even more rugged and has a really long battery life, $849 is quite a bit though I feel. I’m not sure at this point, do you think it is worth it?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/garmin-fenix-5x-plus-sapphire-smart-watch-fiber-reinforced-polymer-black/6257206.p?skuId=6257206

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/06/garmin-fenix5-plus-5s-5x-in-depth-review.html/amp

Pretty good write up. This is the best battery I could find, which is a big deal for me.

RIP

The Garmin Fenix 5X Plus is very alluring to me for the battery life, but it is a big watch. I keep reading all very good reviews, but main con is price. It is expensive.

This is pretty typical of me though. I go a year or two without wearing any watch at all, then start researching models and decide to try out the Fitbit for its price and features at $300. It seemed to be a pretty good watch I thought. Then break that, break the Apple, and now am resorting to one of the highest priced watches on the market. All in a couple months. But, I have become accustomed to certain metrics and for instance the Fitbit had very good sleep metrics I thought. Garmin brought forth the phases of sleep in its sleep cycle data captures, so that gives me relief that I can have that on the Garmin (if I get it). I looked at a lot of the Suunto models and they didn’t have some features I wanted (offline music, sleep monitoring) and seemed like they were great for just doing GPS tracking. If only using for GPS tracking, I have read they are the most precise. But, with the Garmin 5 plus adoption of Galileo Satellite use (and it is in beta for cheaper models), it looks like the accuracy will be close or as good as the Suunto. There is a Polar out there I read had accurate GPS tracking as well (maybe the V800).

I have a suunto ambit for long workouts or navigation. It’s quite rugged. Apple Watch is for daily wear and workout days of 1.5 hours or less. Works for me because I don’t track workouts unless I have a pace or heart rate target.

Yeah, Suuntos look good. I might be stuck with this Apple. Best Buy wouldn’t exchange it, only service it, at a $69.99 fee (Apple care). Sounds super lame. I wrote an email to the store manager. I really don’t want this watch. lol. Damn.

I guess I could use my phone to track long cycling rides and watch for running. Definitely not optimal. I was planning on a metric century cycling race this weekend and didn’t want to take my phone on my bike for the race, but now it looks like I might just shove it in the blowout pack. I was pretty happy without all this tech, maintaining everything is a real pain in the ass for me.

I’m still waiting on Best Buy to give me a store credit so I can buy another watch. They have to wait to get the repair back from Apple before they issue me a credit. So ridiculous. So haven’t been wearing any watch again and my calorie count has been so high; that Fitbit calorie tracker was very useful, I really missed the Fitbit. For calorie count and sleep analysis. I really need that right now. I have no clue where I am in calories and need some sort of idea to the rate of my calorie intake to plan accordingly (I don’t know if I’m at 5500 right now or 7000/day, etc, but have been having to buy lots of food and feel like all I do is walk around the grocery store and get food). Realistically, I think I’ve been running 5500-6000 lately on my heavy 2/days. This next week might go up to 6500, but I don’t think I’ve ever gotten higher than that. It would be nice to see this week on the Fitbit chart though (like a 40,000 cal week). I still want to get the Garmin watch, but am torn as if I get the Fitbit in a few days, I know how to operate it and stuff. But, the Garmin Fenix 5x Plus Sapphire seems like I am skipping everything and going to the Pagani Huayra in specialty with the size and look of an H1 Hummer (that watch is huge! really…). I’ve never really worn a massive watch, religiously, without even trying it on (Best Buy doesn’t carry these models in the store). Would be nice to at least hold it first. The reviews are all so good, but I couldn’t actively use that watch to train the next two weeks and would be just collecting data. I could use the data to train on the Fitbit if I got it before the 9/9 race as I know my calibrations and settings and stuff.

The Best Buy Geek Squad should be calling me any day now? I have been having to deal with so many service people lately.

This Garmin watch was like the best decision I ever made to buy. It is so reliable, indestructible, and I can record GPS data for days on this thing. Check out this titanium band tho…ooooo looks so sick… not sure if worth the 200 bucks …

I couldn’t wear that band to workout, but I really like the design.

Its like really how many smart watches can ACE break in a year? lets count: Broken:

1. Fitbit Ionic - broke in Ocean - was pressing buttons underwater

2. Apple Watch - flew off of handlebars in bike accident, cracked (thanks Dave Miller of NY) 3) Fitbit Versa - skateboard fall, then stepped on face in cleats on T1 at Half Iron - haha

Remaining:

1. Garmin (scratched, but makes it look more badass/weathered) (Sapphire isn’t scratched, I don’t think thats possible, or unlikely) 5) Fitbit Versa #2 (need to go to wal mart)