Application - Interview - Job ratio

For some reference: MY BMI was 28.7 and is now 23.8. I guess if u REALLY want to u can probably make a realistic guess out of what my weight was but that just seems a bit ridiculous.

I guess I run the risk that my ex finds this given that I’ve used this username for other things… but it’s not like I’m going to say anything bad here. Anyways, we broke up / she dumped me / irreconcilable differences in future plans and lifestyle after some 4.5 years. Needless to say, it was pretty awful. Lost like 10 pounds within 2-3 weeks there most likely from under-eating. Was constantly looking for advice on what to do and one of my friends who went through a similarly deep relationship really pushed me to work out. Started eating healthier and calorie counting with a really close friend and tried to keep myself to under 2000 so that’s not really dieting but it’s not hard to be below that when you eat healthy. As for my workouts… this is a bit comical. I like to be efficient and multi-task right, so what I started doing was watching TV while using a stationary bike at max resistance. Since each show is like 40 minutes long (or 2 BIWS videos when I was learning how to do 3-statement models on my own) it adds up pretty nicely at 5x - 6x a week.

So lets say I consume 2300 and take in 1800 calories per day and exercise 5x per week at 600 calories per workout. That’s -6500 calories per week or roughly 2 pounds. The math gets tougher the lighter you get of course since you consume less but I think the point still shows. I set reasonable 2-3 month targets and increased them when it was obvous that I would beat them (probably a bit like company guidance). I liked doing this a lot more than setting some ridiculous goal which seems unachievable (which I achieved anyways from hitting and increasing).

I don’t calorie count anymore but don’t think I need to since after a while you can kind of calculate roughly how bad any given meal is for you. And at no point in time did I truly “diet”. Splurged like crazy over thanksgiving and xmas (took a week off for both). It might help that I don’t drink that often since that packs in a lot of calories.

Also looking forward to doing a 5k before I find a new job/move. Although it’s not much for most people… I don’t really run at all.

Are these graduate positions that you’re talking about? The ones I’m talkinag about are the ones where they ask you to answer 5-10 questions, upload your CV, other documents, tell them everything from what language you know to where you went to high school. Each one took many hours to complete kind.