ArcelorMittal

This was a great call by BS, nicely done!

JOY pump it up pumpt it up and PAIN, keep it going keep it going, SUNSHINE and RAIN

Wow jeez thats insane, was down 3% in pre-market (not that premarket means much). Volume is heavy as well. What am I missing? The quarter doesnt look good, cash flows weren’t half bad though but mainly just managing working capital.

when BS talks, people listen apparently.

Up ~45% since I called it less than three weeks ago.

Edit: Ok, now fading towards 35-40% range. Either way.

and the surge continues to over $17.00, up 5.9% in early trading… nice pick BS

Joy Global, Inc. (JOY)

Yup for sure wishing I jumped on some of that. Im content with my FCX at the moment though, sitting on a nice 40% gain overall & over 100% since I last bought in the mid 3’s. Thinking of taking some profits due to the recent run up, feel like some bad news could drop it back to the 6-7’s pretty easily. Long term I am still bullish on the name though so I may just ignore the run up and keep holding.

What are your thoughts BS?

Now up 68% in three weeks. I hadn’t bought much because I was waiting for my bonus, wish I had more T.T

At these prices (I’m seeing $17.80), I’d be tempted to take gains.

I think people have temporarily forgotten that the copper market is still in surplus, supply is still coming online and that Fed rate hikes are still on the table with the next meeting not too far off. People are also getting caught up in Chinese stimulus expectations that have traditionally disappointed, with the import and export as well as Foreign exchange data hitting the market on Monday. I think the current sentiment has gotten a bit too bullish for the fundamentals. Copper prices are $2.25 and running well ahead of most expectations.

Thanks for the insight, I certainly hadn’t thought of the Fed factor. Was aware of the new supply coming online and did notice the headlines from China turned from doom & gloom recently as well. Ill probably take some gains today/monday and buy back into it with a price drop.

I mean, what we’re talking about here is purely market timing and trying to gauge near term fluctuations so don’t take this as written in stone, it’s just my thoughts about much of this rally.

I agree with the short term overshoot, and I am keeping the bulk of my position in place. Going to sell 10-15% or so for a bit of peace of mind and to lock in some fantastic return the last few weeks. Still long term bullish and ready to buy on a pullback.

Is anyone makng sense of moves in the commodity related equites for the past month or two? My intuition says it’s mostly short covering with some optimism based on China. What am I missing here? Not often you can have names like SDRL with unsecureds trading in the 30s with equity nearly quadrupling since low and up 100%+ in a single day off speculation.

FYI I’m generally talking about levered ones and not companies like SLB, RRC, or ARLP.

Sure digging selling 1/4 of my position @ 10. Whole industry is taking a beating today.

I think the bull MT will continue… Have already monetized some of the position, though.

^u mean sideways

im basically sideways on my 1m but my 3 and 6 month charts can only be decribed as:

“To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛”

Monetize a position? Is that similar to sell or close? Or possibly participating in a swap to ameliorate the risk levels?

Just got bought by Komatsu at about $28 per share, recommended Feb 11 @ $10.54, so 166% upside in 5 months. SUNE BROS!