Are CFAI Institute Curriculum books worth reading at all?

i stuck to CFAI books in level one only for FSA and Ethics since those are the most critical areas on the exam. scored mid level in ethics and top range in FSA. mid and high for the remainders. i will be doing the same again for the two most critical issues of level two. ethics and equity i think. i stuck to schweser for everthing else and passed level one first try.

Hi, What I am talking about is not “optional reading”, it is not marked as optioal reading, but that topic is not described in LOS, so is that mean it is required reading ? or is it optional reading ? Will it be tested on ? -Thanks,

Passed L2 the first time and used exclusively Schweser with the exception of Ethics (read CFAI word for word) and some trickier quant sections. That being said, I have an MBA with a finance concentration so a good bit of L2 was not new. If you have less of a finance background and the time (I took L1 in Dec so time was another issue) I would read the CFAI books late fall/early winter then move to study guides.

i say this as one who was once imprisoned in vietnam by CFA. The text books can be challenging but they have a way of drawing you into the minds of the setters and graders. its is work but it leaves you with only test taking strategies to take care off. Coverage is assured and beautifully so