arent you guys excited for Groupon's IPO?!

cant wait!!! NOT

this forum needs a thumbs down button

for this thread

im excited you generated two posts in a row that dont start with “i work in ER,…” - very refreshing

I, for one, am excited to see this company go public, if they can survive long enough to do so. I would love to short the stock.

they seem to be very persitent in trying to go public, so i think they will grant your wish! what a mess

I don’t know about that. I’ve been watching this for months hoping to short it and the whole world sees to know now. Whether it goes public or not, I hope the executives of the company see jail time for fraud (but we know that won’t happen).

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > im excited you generated two posts in a row that > dont start with “i work in ER,…” - very > refreshing I actually prefer that then your useless ramblings

^you need to add the obvious disclaimer, dont you think?

Everyone’s waiting to short it. It’ll be much worse than LKND. You won’t be able to for the first few weeks, and when you can borrow the shares they’ll be amazingly expensive. Better fish to fry…

should have accepted the google offer

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Everyone’s waiting to short it. It’ll be much worse than LKND. You won’t be able to for the first few weeks, and when you can borrow the shares they’ll be amazingly expensive. Apparently, as part of the IPO deal, there will be a groupon for locating shares to short at discounted rates.

Does short selling really drive down the price for IPOs like this, at least in the short term? LinkedIn’s cost of borrow in the first month was ridiculous - like 40%. Everyone wants the stock, even if it’s just to lend to short sellers. Right now, LNKD is trading about 20% lower than the first day closing price of $94.25, but still up about 70% from the IPO pricing of $45.

They are hard to short when everyone knows about them. In fact, good shorts are usually crowded in general, not just IPOs. That said, if you think Grouponzi is a zero, a 40% hurdle rate isn’t that bad.

As soon as the growth slows down or even stops for this company it is going to crater. Not sure whether it is 6 months from now or 2 years, but it will happen.