Article I saw this monring about passing

Number of Charterholders does not diminish the value…there are millions of CPA’s, CA’s, etc…they are still highly regarded in their respective fields. While a CFA Charter is not highly regarded in North America for fields other than Equity Research and Portfolio/Asset Management, in emerging markets particularly in Asia & Middle East, its a substitute for an MBA considering these regions have very few globally recognized universities which are ranked high. If you’re in finance, have worke experience in North American markets, London, Singapore, etc., and hold a CFA charter, you’re set in emerging market countries. Check out efinancialcareers.com for opportunities abroad. the US & European job markets may be bad, but the rest of the world still has a lot to offer in terms of both lifestyle and pay.

does efinaancialcareers have entry level jobs?

yes it does, but good luck with that, i have used them for 4 years, got nothing out of them.

Regions where i noticed the website is best for are middle east, australia, asia pacific region, Europe. a lot of job posted for U.S as well, but like I said earlier, CFA is much more highly regarded in other finance function (other than IM) in the middle east, singapore, honk kong, etc. So if you’re trying to break in and have been unsuccessful, look at alternatives.

Can you send the actual link for this article? I would love to respond to this genius.

Got it. And answered. http://www.fins.com/Finance/Articles/SBB0001424053111903480904576512142048334486/CFA-Successes-Surge

did you all see that he changed the article? I cant find penultimate anymore… lol

This “huge” number of new charterholders represents .0000017 of the current world population. Really thinning it out.

jdivico Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This “huge” number of new charterholders > represents .0000017 of the current world > population. > > Really thinning it out. And compared to the new MBAs or equivalents, new charter holders are a dime a dozen. Right?

not to mention current charter holders who are leaving the business. I just don’t see it as a negative.