Ask Me Anything with Marc LeFebvre, CFA, founder of LevelUp Bootcamps this Friday (2/28) at 4:00 PM EST

thank you, yes i have your focus material book with me. that is what i will focus on from here on-wards till the SFO bootcamp late april.

hi @MarcLeFebvre, for the essay part, do questions stick to a topic or can they be an amalgamation of several subjects?

Hi vega, good question. essay questions have many sub parts. The solutions can come from many LOS’s. The questions can cross topic areas. For example they could, ask a question in Institutional Investor about pensions related concepts and also ask about managing duration risk from fixed income. Each question is specific to a topic but a question can have 5 sub parts that can cross topics.

5 sub-parts with different cross each? Ugh oh… wish there was a cap on those! Well let’s hope they’ll be relatable. Thanks Marc!

Typically 10-12 large questions with between 3-5 parts each. In the last few years about 32-36 total questions in the morning essay. Time management is a HUGE factor in success in the morning essay. There is NO time for thinking, pondering or working things out, you have to know it stone cold and answer as fast as possible and keep moving at a 100 mph for three hours. I’m being totally honest here. Few have extra time in the morning and only because they were very well prepared.

May I suggest, 125 mph instead?

You speak the truth my friend…unless you of course can ride at 125mph…Mr. 125mph

1 Like

Thank you!!

Marc, thank you for taking the time to answer all of these excellent questions yesterday.

If any of you Level III candidates are interested in Marc’s bootcamps or video program, please visit www.levelupbootcamps.com for more information.

CASH is QUEEN