At what point do we ban the mods?

Let’s start with replacing the moderator team.

If you are sincere and actually going to consider them then send me your email and I will put something together. We can start from there.

PM sent.

FT’s email begins and ends with, “AF needs a HOF.”

More out of control mod behavior…

One suggestion, visit the High IQ Forum. In decades of forum posting, I’ve never seen anything like it, a serious internet outlier. It’s absolutely civil, filled with intelligent analytical discussion, or sometimes a bit short of intelligent, but never rude.

How is this achieved? Smart people are mods. Smart people see patterns and use sound judgment. Let’s say a disruptive creep starts trolling, the person is deleted. Someone posts stupid things, the mods inform them it is a smart person forum, they should post complete sentences and not intentionally dumb things, if they post stupid things again, they are deleted.

The Water Cooler would be pretty cool if it were a serious financial analyst forum. There’s not one on the internet, so I use this one. Certainly highly paid CFAs are capable of polite intelligence discussion. If it’s going to remain a zoo, I’m fine with that too. But the nature of a forum is determined by site owners and policies, it’s actually not determined by forum posters, posters simply adapt their style to fit what is allowed.

Currently, everything is allowed. laugh

Perhaps the reason the High IQ Forum is so great is that it doesn’t have people on it who behave the way you behave here.

Rather than whine about how others behave, you might try leading by example. Take responsibility for your role in the threads about which you’re complaining here. People (e.g., higgmond) ask you legitimate questions, but rather than answering them, you put on this air of arrogance, suggesting that they’re either too ignorant or too stupid for you to be bothered.

As an example, exactly which part of this post of yours is absolutely civil, filled with intellectual discussion, and not rude?

That doesn’t make sense, as I am one of their most frequent posters there. How behavior of individuals differs by forum was precisely my point (which as usual you missed while you were busy trolling my post). As I already explained, forum behavior is shaped by site owners, web design, policies, and mod behavior. In the case of that highly functional forum; known policies, unbiased mods with excellent judgment, that have the best interests of the forum in mind.

Pretty sure that is your job. Your performance is lacking, hence my starting this thread.

It’s not a matter of whose job it it; it’s a matter of taking responsibility for your own actions. You know: acting like an adult.

At least we know where you stand: you take no responsibility for your own behavior. The problems here are everybody else’s fault.

A company hires unpaid non-employees? do you listen to yourself? my god the stupidity is unreal. go troll somewhere else.

I’m pretty certain there’s far greater value in banning your negative value to AF then to ban the unpaid free labor of the mods.

^What free labor? Labor implies work. You don’t do anything.

He PMs me.

how did this work out?

Chad is all talk no action. He is a status quo kind of guy; just likes to show in public he wants to improve this place. It’s a facade. He is who we thought he was.