Atlanta, GA

congrats on your new job man. I agree about the game Saturday. Florida’s high powered offense will be too much for the tide. I don’t think Alabama can score enough points to beat the gators.

Who is hiring in Atlanta anyway?

^That is what I keep wondering…

Florida_Gator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone live in Atlanta? I just accepted a > position there, and will be moving in a few > months. Where are some good places to look for > apartments, aside from craigslist? I’ve been > looking mostly downtown area, so I can be within > walking distance to work, but is there any other > spots I should be looking at instead? Any other > tips for an Atlanta transplant? Many thanks If you’re well-off I’d suggest Virginia Highland. Buckhead has become too alternative over the years. Atlanta has a large gay population. Not anything wrong with that but if you dont want to live in a gay neighborhood you will have to do some research.

Needhelp, Please explain to me how Buckhead is too alternative and Virginia Highlands isn’t. Virginia Highlands is right next to one of the geh-est neighborhoods in Atlanta – not that there’s anything wrong with that. Actually Florida, you might like the Va. Highlands – not for that, but because you get a good mix of young folks from Emory and young start-up families in their early 30’s living there. It is a very liberal neighborhood, with lots of people biking, and its proximity to downtown is very convenient – I lived there while getting a degree at GA State, which is downtown. When you’re visiting sometime, check out the scene along North Highland around the intersection with Virginia Avenue. If the weather is nice, you will be treated to eye candy in the form of leggy blondes in tight black pants. A good place to observe this is the Taco Mac located on Virginia.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Needhelp, Please explain to me how Buckhead is too > alternative and Virginia Highlands isn’t. Virginia > Highlands is right next to one of the geh-est > neighborhoods in Atlanta – not that there’s > anything wrong with that. > > Actually Florida, you might like the Va. Highlands > – not for that, but because you get a good mix of > young folks from Emory and young start-up families > in their early 30’s living there. It is a very > liberal neighborhood, with lots of people biking, > and its proximity to downtown is very convenient > – I lived there while getting a degree at GA > State, which is downtown. > > When you’re visiting sometime, check out the scene > along North Highland around the intersection with > Virginia Avenue. If the weather is nice, you will > be treated to eye candy in the form of leggy > blondes in tight black pants. A good place to > observe this is the Taco Mac located on Virginia. cjones, i did some coursework at GA State. they had one of the finest Risk Management & Insurance program. Robinson College of Business was where it was at. i last lived there several years ago so maybe your info on VH and Buckhead is more up to date!

RCB represent! Buckhead was definitely starting to resemble a jungle there for awhile – maybe while you were here. After x number of late-night shootings, the community got involved, and now the night clubs can’t stay open until 4 anymore. It’s cleaned up immensely since then because the thuggish element seems to have found better things to do and moved on. Now it’s pretty much back to how it looked when I was growing up – prep-school WASPS spending their weekends at a handful of dives. Decatur and VA Highlands are tied for the granola capital of Atlanta, with Decatur slightly ahead in the polls.

Is Atlanta still among the top-3 fattest cities in the country? (I think St. Louis was first last year, and I’m sure Chicago was up there too.)

Yes. But we spell it “PHAT.”

You also spell it “Krispy Kreme,” but that doesn’t preclude the city from having a disproportionate amount of stirrup pants wearers.

newsmaker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who is hiring in Atlanta anyway? Did you accept at Roark Capital?

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You also spell it “Krispy Kreme,” but that doesn’t > preclude the city from having a disproportionate > amount of stirrup pants wearers. LOL!!! Often enjoy your humor, dude/stress!

I live in Sandy Springs right at 400, Abenathy, and Mt. Vernon Hwy. I just bought a townhouse and am looking to rent out the 2nd bedroom. $635/month + 1/2 utilities. It is a straight shot on MARTA downtown. Shoot me an email at edmund_lord@yahoo.com if interested.

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Steer clear of downtown for sure. . . it really > sucks. B’head, Midtown are cool. . . I also like > Vinings/Smyrna. . . a little more of a drive. > There are a few cool spots closer to downtown like > the Inman park area. It is a pretty weird spot > but has a lot of character. How is Inman park weird? Artsy, grungy, gay, amish, ??? I’m getting very close to moving, and I need to choose the apartment within the next two weeks. I’m leaning towards a 1BR in this place, which is “nestled in the urban community of Inman Park/Virginia Highland:” http://www.perennialproperties.net/index.php/site/apartments/highland_walk/ It’s located here: http://local.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=701+Highland+Ave+atlanta+ga&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=16&iwloc=addr Looks good to me? It looks like I can go west on highland ave/baker st. and be in downtown in less than 10 mins. I really don’t want a long car commute, so this seems like a good spot. I’ve heard mixed things about crime in this area… anyone have any firsthand knowledge?

> > I’ve heard mixed things about crime in this > area… anyone have any firsthand knowledge? only wear gang neutral colors, no blue, red, orange, green, black, purple, yellow, white, brown, teal, etc. you’ll be fine

> How is Inman park weird? Artsy, grungy, gay, > amish, ??? All of the above. It’s a very diverse group down there. Go check it out. . . there are lots of bars, restaurants, you are also close to the Highlands. As far as crime, I don’t think its the worst or best. . . I wouldn’t let that make or break your decision. . . a gated community would be preferable. If you are working downtown there is an Inman Park Marta station. . . heading west into town its about a 10 minute ride.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is Atlanta still among the top-3 fattest cities in > the country? (I think St. Louis was first last > year, and I’m sure Chicago was up there too.) I thought Philadelphia was the fattest city.

Those Highland Walk apartments are brand new, and very nice. Check out the Highland Bakery – there’s a fine blonde who works there who always wears a tight worn out t-shirt with not bra. It’s awesome. You can look, but I already called it, so hand’s off. Inman park is legitimate. Just don’t leave any unattended valuables in your vehicle. Home invasions are rare, but with that apartment complex, you should be fine. You’re pretty safe in that neck of the woods – it’s when you get over to the Grant Park area where you run into trouble. This happened a little over a month ago at The Standard bar in that neck of the wood: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18427457/detail.html

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >. Check out the Highland Bakery – > there’s a fine blonde who works there who always > wears a tight worn out t-shirt with not bra. It’s > awesome. You can look, but I already called it, so > hand’s off. > You can have him. Guy’s a dude.

Needhelp, have you been there and do you know the one I’m talking about?