Band 10's only...

Trying to keep up here… 40-60-80 scores: frangoya: 70 Bobfishcake: 70 daveh: 69 mik82: 68 me: 67 noor: 67 pvalka: 66 dualbond: 65 jrs130: 65 iblees: 63 dfmac: 62 kerbdrop: 62 the show NY: 61 Guaranteed questions answered right, wrong, unknown frangoya: 77 (64.17%), 19, 24 me: 74, 25, 21 pvalka:73, 27, 20 Bobfishcake: 72, 17, 31 daveh: 71, 19, 30 noor: 68, 23, 29 mik82: 67, 20, 33 dualbond: 64, 26, 30 jrs130: 64, 26, 30 dfmac: 64, 33, 23 the show NY: 61, 34, 25 kerbdrop: 59, 31, 30 iblees82: 56, 27, 37

The worst part about this is having to tell people I failed and knowing that even if I do get the charter, I didn’t go 3-for-3. August 2009 619**** jackbauer Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Band 9, but an estimated 68%… Go figure… I guess I got something close to 0 on ethics… Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

want to cry. Band 10 why me? 3.5 months!!! some guy only read for 2 month and just did one mock test, and pass! am i stupid??? item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

got killed by derivatives, alternative and quants Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 * - - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

frangoya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Doesn’t seem like retab has ever worked for > anyone, should I even bother? > I’m so upset right now. So close to passing! what does the retab mean? do they just scan the thing again? i don’t think the scanner makes mistakes, and if it does, it seems like it is equally probable that the odds would be similar for marking one right that is wrong as it is for marking one wrong that is actually right. seems like what us band 9ers and you band 10ers want is an explanation on a question by question basis or more info on how your grid of percentages can look so good compared to other folks who passed yet we failed. if you want to put your 100 to good use, you can send it to me. that's just my .02 but i don’t see how a retab does anything except move money from your account into the CFAI’s account. the problem, in my eyes, is that the CFAI is not very transparent about much of anything by not releasing anything regarding scores and only giving you a pass/fail. if they were a publically traded company, they would get an F for disclosure b/c their MD&A section would consist of the words “the space left intentionally blank”. yes, i am a little on the bitter side at the moment… and since i am a band 9, i probably shouldn’t even be in this thread… but i am.

Final tally for the day for Band 10’s… 40-60-80 scores, number of sections frangoya: 70 (1, 4, 5) Bobfishcake: 70 (2, 3, 5) daveh: 69 (2, 2, 6) mik82: 68 (3, 2, 5) globalboy: 68 (3, 3, 4) syflysun: 67 (0, 6, 4) me: 67 (1, 5, 4) noor: 67 (3, 4, 3) pvalka: 66 (1, 6, 3) enelra100: 66 (1, 5, 4) dualbond: 65 (3, 3, 4) jrs130: 65 (3, 3, 4) jackbauer: 64 (2, 5, 3) iblees82: 63 (3, 2, 5) dfmac: 62 (2, 5, 3) kerbdrop: 62 (3, 4, 3) the show NY: 61 (2, 5, 3) Guaranteed questions answered right, wrong, unknown frangoya: 77 (64.17%), 19, 24 syflysun: 77, 26, 17 me: 74, 25, 21 pvalka:73, 27, 20 Bobfishcake: 72, 17, 31 daveh: 71, 19, 30 enelra100: 71, 26, 23 noor: 68, 23, 29 mik82: 67, 20, 33 globalboy: 67, 20, 33 jackbauer: 66, 29, 25 dualbond: 64, 26, 30 jrs130: 64, 26, 30 dfmac: 64, 33, 23 the show NY: 61, 34, 25 kerbdrop: 59, 31, 30 iblees82: 56, 27, 37

I just don’t understand… I am thinking should I go for a retab? Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

My 40-60-80 score 70 and I failed. Real kick in the teeth, I walked out of this exam thinking I passed it. Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

My marks Guaranteed questions answered right, wrong, unknown 78 (65%), 18, 24 So we can definitely say the MPS score was 66% or higher.

daveh, i believe your Ethics and FSA put you down, which would make me feel better as i don’t think was as close to passing as you may thought it was

I am wondering if the pass rate was as simple as a 67. I figure they may look at it in the sense of a candidate knowing 50% of the questions and guessing on the other 50%. There are a few questions haunting me. I know my 40 - 60 - 80 mark wasn’t as high as others here but I am positive I was 4/6 on many sections when I compared it to the answers floating around. I am shocked with a few of the people on this list including NY. I have been the free rider on the forum for the last 6 months but many of the people in band 10 or lower really know there stuff. I would prefer if this exam was broken up into a few sections and they raised the passing grade IMO. It is just too much to keep in your head well at least that is my opinion but what do I know I am band 10. Additionally, the previous comment regarding the not being able to pass all three levels consecutively really bothers me as well.

The pass mark was not 67%. I failed with 65% (78/120 guaranteed right, from the absolute minimum I could have achieved to make each category in their grid). A further 15% (18/120) had to be wrong leaving 20% (24/120) undetermined. Even blind luck (1 in 3 random guess) should leave me with 7% on the undetermined score the minimum pass mark would be around 73%. If you extrapolate out my known the marks we know I achieved - 78 right out of 102 to the indeterminate questions I would have gotten a further 15 questions right implying a passing score of 79% From my knowledge of my own breakdown in each section my feeling is the passing score was around 75%

Most of the score which have been posted, have less than 50% in 2 subjects. In my case it was only in 1. How bad was my luck :frowning: My band:10 Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

rockvj - I feel for you… similar here. I only had one <50 (same as you, Quants) and I have six >70… still failed. Still can’t believe it.

AnxiouslyWaiting Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rockvj - I feel for you… similar here. > > I only had one <50 (same as you, Quants) and I > have six >70… still failed. Still can’t believe > it. I have 4 >70 , 1 <50 (same here, Quants) failed Can’t believe it… I almost suffocate from myself… Hope u r well…all we can do is to do better next year, cheer up lads

This sucks! SUCKS! Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 * - - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

AnxiouslyWaiting Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My marks > > Guaranteed questions answered right, wrong, > unknown > 78 (65%), 18, 24 > > So we can definitely say the MPS score was 66% or > higher. You have the same score as I got. Should I give for retab, - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Someone in my office pointed out an interesting point. As per him you need to score >70% in ethics to pass.

i scored <50% in ethics and still passed