Band 9......again

Yes, if you quit now, you would have wasted 600 hours and $2000 (give or take).

Take it and fail it again, you would have wasted 900 hours and $3000 (give or take).

And if you take it and pass it, then you still have two levels to go. And they are much, much harder.

And if you do do pass L2 and L3 and attain the glorious CFA Charter, there’s a good chance that nobody will notice, nobody will care, and it will be nothing more than a really sturdy tube that your kids weaponize from time to time.

So what’s it going to be? Do you really think that you have whatever it takes to pass the entire exam? And even if you do, what is the opportunity cost of all this time and money? (Only you can answer these questions.)

those who made it to the top can all preach … but the only right thing to say is that 1 out of 5 makes it to the top !

the benefits would go beyond …those 3 letters say it all ! provided you don’t sacrifice your well being because of the program… as there are lotsa other stuff to enjoy )))

as for me, i am kinda get it done person… guess not a good thing all the time… but hey don’t know other way of living…

my 2 cents : disciplined approach, every day, except 1 day off…, stick to the schedule, have timelines… it is like an exercise once you are in your body needs it !

the side effect: after the exam… you suddenly have plenty of time and don’t know where to put it at use… i chose gym…but you made decide someth else… get a life until the next level !

And if you do do pass L2 and L3 and attain the glorious CFA Charter, there’s a good chance that nobody will notice, nobody will care, and it will be nothing more than a really sturdy tube that your kids weaponize from time to time.

Not sure what you mean by this. Hes a Credit Analyst…you definitely want the CFA to advance in that profession. I work for a top investment bank. You dont go anywhere without the CFA. It the difference between being an entry level analyst and becoming a VP or Head of the Department. I’m sure other big bracket firms work the same way. If you are going to competing with people with CFAs, you might as well get it. In fact, the CEO of our division sends a company-wide email with the names of the people who pass to congratulate them. One of the reasons I decided to take it, the respect you earn from your superiors. Not sure why you are on the forum if you think it is a nobody cares certification.

Meaning he works for S&P as a credit analyst to help assign ratings to public companies?

Or he works at a locally owned bank in Truth or Consequences, NM, takes the tax return for the daycare around the corner, enters it into the canned software, and tells them whether they’re approved for a $25,000 loan for a used van?

Not all credit analysts are the same. And the second guy has zero use for the CFA charter.

exactly the point… dont be like that once you make it… :slight_smile:

By the way…no offense to anybody reading who might be from Truth or Consequences, NM. I’ve never been there, and I’m sure it’s a lovely town.