Bar/nightclub scene pickups

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AndrewUNH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I agree that you should be looking elsewhere if > > you want a real relationship. Bars/clubs are so > > overrated that could be a thread in itself. > > Agreed, although my highest %'s in the bar scene > have traditionally been lounge bars. > > > I don’t know you but it sounds like you are > > talking girls ears off and not sparking > > attraction. Talking to a girl for an hour > straight > > at a bar is risky, it’s too easy to get bored, > > it’s not fun talking to one person the whole > time, > > they just want to dance & have fun. I would > shoot > > for 5-15 minutes, get her # and move on to > > something else. “it’s been nice talking with > you > > but i gotta get back to my friends…” is a > good > > getaway and should be the truth too. > > Ok, let me frame what Andrew said with a quick > disclaimer. There are no absolute rules, I’ve > seen friends lock down long time relationships at > bars where they just started talking and didn’t > stop for hours straight. But that is rare. As a > general rule of thumb, I’m with Andrew here, > except instead of moving on within 10-15 minutes > with a #, I have various strategies I like to > employ. I’ve never been a fan of exchanging #'s > myself, too many times girls chicken out later, > they don’t trust their drunk judgement or it gets > awkward. One strategy I like to employ is to > start ordering tequilla shots as soon as the > conversation sparks mutual interest. I don’t know > what it is, but for some reason just the mention > of tequilla shots puts girls in party mode the way > no other shot does. Reminds them of spring break, > who knows. The other strategy is to move it on > the dance floor ASAP, if the bar doesn’t have a > dance floor, move to a bar that does have one. In > this case, rather than saying, hey, lets go to a > bar and dance, phrase it as “We should go dancing, > my friends are all headed over to ‘bar name’ it’s > supposed to be awesome right now (make sure it’s > awesome, letdown is never your friend), ask your > friends if they want to come?” This is a bold > gambit though, either she says yes and you’re in > the money, or no in which case you’re not. But > realistically, like Andrew said, within a few > minutes you generally reach a point where you > either need to insert a catalyst or take a # and > move on. Thanks BlackSwan…you have a good point about the tequila shots (at first i thought you were kidding) as well as dancing/moving to another bar. Moving around locations is usually good, it shows you are leading her, she’s willing to go with you, although her friends will probably come too which should be good for your friends granted that they are not grenades or landmines. I think you should modify your statement to say something like tequila shots in a group are great…not just you and her, what kind of girl wants to rip shots with a random guy she just met; that makes it look like you just want to get her drunk. One more word about tequila shots (or any shots for that matter), which i have seen countless people do lately, you are a huge tool if you buy them for a big group of people for no reason. Exception: if you are in college and they are cheap. Shots are for college and birthdays/weddings/promotions etc…maybe pregaming too. You are also a tool if you buy those watered-down test tube or jello shots that they walk around with on the dance floor trying to get suckers to buy them.

Fridge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Met my girlfriend in a nightclub. > > Have spent 4 years together. > > Separated last night. please tell your story u fine kitchen appliance u

this is starting to sound like one of those attraction forums for wannabe PUAS.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this is starting to sound like one of those > attraction forums for wannabe PUAS. Are you practicing your skills on the corner of Broadway and Wall?

all you need to do is get her on your boat, because of the implication.

pssssssssst i said psssssssst …hey hey HEY! i said pssssssst u dumb broad …goddamit u try being a gentleman n see how these bitches treat u …

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > all you need to do is get her on your boat, because of the implication. Haha, it also helps if you make dinner by cooking those delicious oysters in a pot.

Met my wife in a nightclub. We met during a phase in my life when I seriously didn’t care about meeting anyone in a nightclub. I was just there to dance and she came up to talk to me. Voila. I was never very interested - or maybe very good - in going home with someone I met in a bar. Although I did end up in a threesome from such an occasion, but that’s another story.

frisian you and your buddy must have had a lot of fun that night

owned

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > frisian you and your buddy must have had a lot of > fun that night hee hee. I went solo, actually. Back in the day, I did my best work as a one-man wolfpack.

MMF or MMM?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > all you need to do is get her on your boat, > because of the implication. She will be a tasty treat…

From Chicago, going to Vegas in a week. I’ll go with my conventional methodologies but will try some of these methods for shi** and giggles. LOL

ayodayo, let us know how things go / also remember pictures are worth 1,000 words

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ayodayo, let us know how things go / also remember > pictures are worth 1,000 words And every video is worth Video Time in Seconds x 24 pictures, so don’t hesitate to take videos too!

Went to SkyBar on the Sunset strip last night. Was there from 10p - 2a. Walked out with 4 new phone numbers. Moral of the story, going out on NON key nights in big cities yields excellent results. Usually the people who go out Thurs/Fri/Sat are pikers and creepers. Side note: The DJ was the older brother from Malcolm in the Middle.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you ever been to Sweden? Then how can you > possibly know. I bet you think Russia is all > Kremlin and oligarchs like you read in the news. > The reality is that most of Russia is like this: > http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/walrus. > jpg haha. that link is fantastic

If at the end of the night/date you get a pitty hand job - you did something wrong.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Went to SkyBar on the Sunset strip last night. > > Was there from 10p - 2a. > > Walked out with 4 new phone numbers. > > Moral of the story, going out on NON key nights in > big cities yields excellent results. Usually the > people who go out Thurs/Fri/Sat are pikers and > creepers. > > Side note: The DJ was the older brother from > Malcolm in the Middle. 100% agree