Battle of Two Careers: Trading vs. Prof/Research

i’m serious. i’ll be the first Ph.D in Dairy Business. i think my first thesis will be: “UCD’s Dairy Business Degree’s effect on Dairy Business”

Well they do actually provide an Ag masters/phd…for some reason that is completely beyond my comprehension! You’d defintely be stranded in the Atlantic if you had one of them! :wink:

have you ever taught any classes, or at least private tutoring sessions? i think teaching sucks as a strategy to make impact. you end up finding fast that most students are either retarded or dont give a cr*p what your subject, or both

UCD is probably the best ag school in the us.

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > have you ever taught any classes, or at least > private tutoring sessions? i think teaching sucks > as a strategy to make impact. you end up finding > fast that most students are either retarded or > dont give a cr*p what your subject, or both welll… i taught grade 2 in grade 2… haha, my parents sent me to private school after that. and yes, i’ve tutored and yes, those you tutor are not fun to teach. i think this just further’s the above comments that its very important to get into a top phd program so you can teach students who care more about what you’re teaching. teaching at devry, hand me a pistol, teaching at a T1, hand me the foundation to a sense of a accomplishment.

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > UCD is probably the best ag school in the us. And when exactly did UCD uproots and move to US??

oh sorry! someone said UCD and Dairy farming. I thought we were talking about the same place.

Nope another slagging of the Irish way of life… Not all of us are looking after cows with our business degrees Matt!!!