Best AF rivalries

^ That’s what you think Grand Dragon Gauleiter. Been to any cross burnings lately?

Dude, I set up burning Stars of David. Firstborn sons then live in fear for their foreskins!

(Note to people who don’t understand the context of burning crosses: they are set up by white christian members of the KKK to intimidate blacks, jews, and other minorities into submission. It’s a terror tactic. Generally considered a warning to stop doing something, or risk being beaten or lynched. A bit like receiving a fish in a newspaper from the mafia, but much more dramatic.)

“The problem is you’re focusing on the things in life that don’t really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself “Am I on the right track here?”. I don’t mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.”-Blake Mc Callistar.

Just wondering…What if Blake has already created a new account and is still posting on AF with some other name/country of origin etc…

I had expected to see this, given his personality, but it hasn’t happened.

It is unlikely that Blake would be able to participate on this forum without reverting to his characteristic behaviors.

Have you noticed that any time someone starts being really arrogant and obnoxious, some poster responds with something along the lines of, “Blake??”

Blake wasn’t always wrong on things. There was often a kernel of truth in the stuff that he said, but then he would take that kernel of truth and use it to sh!t on people, because - for whatever reason - it fed whatever emptiness was in that black, black heart of his.

More ironic was his signature: “Live, Laugh, Love”

Blake was just having fun, just like majority of us. Not sure why he got banned (Maybe racists/direct revelation of personal information, etc etc).

Most people come here for a share of entertainment and Blake was providing plenty

But In the end R said “you are a sweet person”

and wow what a place!! I randomly open to seek answer to a doubt and I see this …

reminds me a little of gossip girl…only including rivalries

Seems like a mysterious character…

Yes, publication of personal information about another AF member crossed the line, though repeated direct attacks on AF members (as opposed to occasional flame wars that get out of hand) should have been enough, and is now written into the rules as a basis for banning or other disciplinary action. All of that won him few (at the time, no) defenders when it came up to a question of banning him.

A lot of it came down to what one brings versus the cost of having someone around. There are some members here who get prickly and loudmouthed, but ultimately contribute a fair amount of useful information to other members and are helpful from time to time. Blake’s ratio of useful/hurtful was not favorable, though it is true that at one point he helped on some code-related discussion. But that was about it.

Why “ban” some one forever??May you can ban for certain time period like 1-2 years.??

In markets, 1-2 years is forever.

Some people have survived banning. Ask semper_agustus.

I just thought that banning forever was too much but never the less Blake’s case will motivate other members to follow AF rules strictly.

I don’t remember last time i’ve posted anything useful. :slight_smile:

Those that break the rules deserve to be broken.

I miss the days of people using Blake for a chew toy. All well-deserved. Today’s trolls just don’t seem to measure up.

I can’t really name one reall Troll, besides maybe Rahul Roy

I probably only caught parts of the end of his tenure but I didn’t think Blake was that bad, i found a lot of his post to be entertaining and he was something different from the group think.

seems he was just on the wrong side of a lot of regulars but it does seem strange that he’s the only person on the ban list.

you could also add Greenman vs level 1 candidates to the list of rivalries

Semper Augustus vs Sublimity was pretty cool back when we were kids.

Who can ever forget Blake’s classic reply: LMAO.

How can you describe me as a troll?? i am being honest on AF not Faking.