Best lifestyle cities?

I would probably go with Antananarivo and Auckland if I didn’t care about living near anybody I love.

You’re right. 300 days of sunshine a year really isn’t for everyone.

You forgot, CEO, that whatever BS does is the pinnacle of human achievement. Because he lives in Pittsburg, it must be the best choice that everyone wants to live there. The same applies to his job and everything in his life.

Wonder if he still thinks Abercrombie & Fitch is cool too.

Wait, its not?

LOL at sunny days and me living in Pittsburgh. Nope and nope.

Anyhow, spent enough time in Denver to at least have an opinion (based on concrete facts). Don’t know what’s worse, the city itself or the six hours of front rangers locked in traffic each weekend to ski Vail.

The air quality, schools and general architecture get a C and if you’re actually trying to get into the mountains there are at least 10 better cities for that just off the top of my head. When I think of quality of life I just don’t think of living a tail pipe. Same reason I dinged NYC. Paradoxically despite being an outdoorsy city the city is universally despised among the outdoors community.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/08/colorado-air-quality-violations-epa/

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced Thursday that it wants to reclassify the region encompassing Denver and the northern Front Range as a “serious” violator of federal health standards after ozone levels failed to meet air quality standards.

https://patch.com/colorado/denver/denvers-air-quality-among-worst-nation-report-finds

Denver-Aurora ranked 12th worst in the country for ozone pollution — commonly known as smog — out of 227 metro areas, and 32nd worst out of 201 metros when it comes to single-day spikes in particle pollution, known as soot.

https://denver.streetsblog.org/2019/03/06/breaking-fossil-fuels-choke-denver-with-air-quality-3-times-worse-than-beijing/

At six p.m., Denver’s air quality index measured 162, an unhealthy level more than three times worse than the moderate rating of 51 now in Beijing. The pollution triggered health warnings across the northern Front Range.

I never got the appeal of mountains. Beaches are better.

Vancouver is a really cool city. Probably why housing is so dang expensive.

Despite what others say here, I actually really love NYC. I like the diversity and how the city can be so spontaneous. Infra sucks, but gets you where you need to go most of the time. NYC is great if you don’t have to go into mid-town or FiDi everyday. Perhaps I’ll change my mind when I’m not longer single and early 30s.

Lifestyle cities in the US for me: Most of SoCal, Portland/Seattle, Denver, and Miami. I like Boston, but it’s a bit too cold.

EU: Barcelona and Amsterdam. Berlin is awesome, though not sure how I’d like living there.

Asia: probably only Tokyo and HK (pre Xi trying to make it just like another big Chinese city). Love and have lived in both these places, but they don’t offer as much as NYC.

Never been to Australia or Israel, but have heard good things.

La has the hottest beaches. Everytime you run, you will be greeeted with sOme hot chick wearing colored yoga pants. Even though she has hot sweat pulouring down while she is climbing up and dow the stairs, you know she got it going on when you see that bounce in that ounce. And they are all working hard, Cuz every hot chick wants to be an actress in Hollywood. With that said it is definitely tougher out here in the clubs from what I hear. More women are loose elsewhere. Personally I never had a problem. We literally have the best weather out there in the us. We got a 2 hr drive to snowboard. We can surf year round. Vegas is 4 hrs is too hot but I’d say they got hotter chicks just cuz of the density of hot chicks traveling there with goal of getting laid. San Francisco is 6 hrs. San Francisco would be tight but it’s too cold. We have all the theme parks. I mean if it wasn’t for the pricy real estate, high taxes, and homeless people. Our place would be awesome!

personally I think I’d like Miami. As a single dude. I hear it’s like vegas and LOS angeles combined and real estate is cheap. No taxes. Beaches. But kinda too hot, but that’s cool cuz every chick is in a bikini. Also I don’t think fat people are there.

Yeah, the people bashing NYC just haven’t done it right. It can take years to acclimate and find your footing in NYC. Of course, most tourists will just visit Times Square and think the city is a shithole, just like most people visiting Philadelphia will only go to Market Street and think all of Philly is a dump.

30 responses and not a one of you has figured out the the answer is Wolford North Dakota. You should just trust me on this one. I inherited some land there and it’s phenomenal. You’re going to want to buy this land from me before it’s too late.

My parent live on 63rd st in the building that legit touches the lower west side of the park. I’ve spent a LOT of time in NYC - they moved there as soon as I went to college - and I’ll be honest, I absolutely love visiting. . . . For a period of about three days. But by the fourth day, I’m so got-dam irritated by the sheer volume of people walking around EVERYWHERE that I’m pulling my hair out to go home back to my quasi-rural lifestyle. Yeah, the food is amazing, but there isn’t much else to do other than get drunk every night. I have a few buddies that work on legit wall st, and every day I just see snapchats of them at the bar. At least here in Denver I can get exercise in a hundred different ways that don’t require a $300 a month gym membership, and the optionality I have for park running is a thousand fold wider than it is in NYC. Even the work life balance, I only ever pull 9 hour days max here.

I get it that OP asked this hypothetical question assuming zero money constraints, but NYC gets “old” after a very short amount of time.

The real answer is Jackson Wyoming. Legit paradise.

That’s about the response I expected. No one who knows anything about NYC (and is under the age of, say, 50) would be caught dead in midtown, other than for working/commuting purposes.

NYC sucks.

If you are driving an F-150, you would do just fine here (Vancouver). Oh, and there is no lack of beer in Canada…

I am surprised nobody mentioned San Diego… Very chill lifestyle where you can eat Chipotle and go to La Jolla every day. Needless to say that it’s a lot cleaner than most US cities I have been to.

NYC is one of the best cities in the world. If you grew up in bumfuck nowhere you probably think it’s too busy and too dirty, but to people who aren’t inbred, it’s one of the best places to be. If you want to live in an HOA community and be told how often to mow the lawn, and your main weekend activity is a trip to Target, then yes, NYC isn’t for you.

I also live in Denver (Wash Park), and moved here for a career opportunity. It’s been 4 years and I can’t fucking wait to get back to NYC. It’s a nice enough place, but it’s so fucking boring, and pretty much everything requires a car. There are a few good restaurants, but in general it’s a cultural wasteland. If one more person asks me where I like to hike or what my favorite ski resort is, I’m going to die.