BEST results statistics available!!

rpradeephere Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >even if you score 0%, youll still get the > > lowest %. and if you score 100% in one section, > > youll only get the highest percentage. > > This is not correct. You will be allotted marks > based on how much you actually score. If one gets > 100%, he is given 100%, not capped at 70% or > whatever percent. As mentioned, >50/50-70/70+ is > just used to indicate where our scores fall and > not for determining pass/fail. Pass/fail depends > on actual scores. Just like i stated in my introduction post… I see this no less that a mind tease, to pass the time. it is quite interesting to see how we argue about accuracy of not so different statistical techniques. It has always been clear to all of us i believe, that whatever we do, we will not even get close to a realistic output to what is the effective passing score. I like this quite a lot and will keep trying this or this model to aproximate that passing grade…

rpradeephere: i see what you meant now. but again, we dont know how the exams are graded. it can be based on the x/y/z or your explanation. thanks anyway for your message.

the instructor for our class who was also a previous grader told us that.

Is there any way to request the institute to publish exact scores …in the name of corporate governance …transparency et al

I agree with most of what rpradeephere said as quoted below. However, the process described by rpradeephere can NOT justify a 7-8 weeks waiting time. It should be no more than 2 weeks for CFA institute to finish grading the papers, re-check, and put everything on line. The 7-8 weeks waiting time indicates that CFA institute is doing a lot of manipulation in their black box. rpradeephere Wrote: The 70/50-70/50 is not a grading system by any chance and CFAI just uses it to indicate the range in which we got our scores. What this cfasuccess guy assumes is 70+ score on an average can be 80% in that section, 50-70 score can be 60% on average and less than 50 can be 40%. However, The least one can score in a subject with 70+ result is 71% and max is 100% The least one can score in a subject with 50-70 result is 50% and max is 70% The least a person in less than 50 result is 0% and max is 49% Hence, yes, based on 80/60/40 he got a score of 74%, but based on my assumption of 71/51/25 he got some 64% and he can also possibly get lesser than that if he scores the minimum required. Now CFAI does not pass or fail a person based on the grade range. That is just for our information. CFAI need not even have a look at it. All it has to do is decide, based on some standard that, say, 64% is pass mark. Then 0.64*240 will be no. of questions one has to get right. It does not matter even if he gets 0 in one section and aces another section. After that job is done, the computer gives the scores in some format by indicating the range in which our score falls in each subject. The PASS/FAIL is decided based on his total score and then,

I am not aware of the x/y/z rule. I read the CFAI FAQs and in one of the questions, CFAI says that candidate does not have to pass all sections of exam. Candidate can fail one or more sections, score high in rest of sections and still pass, though recovering from a 0 in one section is very difficult. Thoughts?