Best time to cold-call firms?

Lol i could do the coffee break, but i dont touch alcohol (muslim).

Ok…I did say “most people”. Good luck with the meeting/call!

That’s great news Mez. Definitely meet with the PM. Good luck.

My Muslim roommates drink alcohol like it’s going out of style.

Hmm I should try this approach. Get ready for some competition. :slight_smile:

Oh nevermind, you’re in montreal. Damn, that would have been fun. I never usually got rejected by women when I was single, so it’s going to be a doozy dealing with rejection from potential employers. I guess it’ll help refine my ‘I’m bloody desperate for a job SO GIVE ME ONE NOW!’ skills.

"I guess it’ll help refine my ‘I’m bloody desperate for a job SO GIVE ME ONE NOW!’ Did a variation of that work with the ladies?

Haha

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "I guess it’ll help refine my ‘I’m bloody > desperate for a job SO GIVE ME ONE NOW!’ > > Did a variation of that work with the ladies? Maybe, but in a reverse psychology kind of way.

I could see that.

a little update for those who care: Ok. worked up the courage to call that PM who gave me his number…turned out he is a f-ing nice guy! offered lots of advice. complimented very much my initiative to break through the noise and was very impressed by what i was doing…he also told me he would keep my resume on file if in case any projects come up he would give me a shout. :slight_smile:

Nice work…

Just pull a Brantley Foster…hang around all day, copy your face on a copier, sign it and give it to the receptionist. It got him a job at Pemrose.

Will do. thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Mez Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldnt have the balls to do that :stuck_out_tongue: > But what im planning on doing is emailing my > resume+coverletter to a list of companies (around > 10-15) that i have compiled over the last few > days, and then calling the next day to see who > received it…then following up with the actual > person who got my resume. > > or would that be wrong? could there be another way > of going about this? help would be appreciated :slight_smile: Wouldn’t they just simply tell you they have a system in place, and they will contact you when the right people get a hold of resume and are interested to get in touch with you

I specifically targeted small firms. that list of 15 firms has grown to about 25. and from those 25, i think maybe 3-4 actually have a hiring “system” in place from what i can tell from their websites. i do this because it lets me contact the PMs and associates DIRECTLY instead of going through HR, which I think is going to be key if i want to get my foot in the door

Nice work and you’re doing the right thing. I always advise circumventing HR whenever possible. Get your credentials in an actual decision maker’s hands and let them bring it to HR if they’re interested.