Bleak Outlook for CFA

ksjhawk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ah, man. I hate golf. Maybe I’m just destined > for failure. :slight_smile: > > And again, let me reiterate, I’m not counting on > the charter as a “golden ticket.” I’m just hoping > that it does provide some real upward mobility in > terms of a career in finance. If not I’m > investing my life savings in Wonka bars in search > of the “golden ticket” that keeps coming up. It will …people may not give you a job just because you have it on your resume but chances are you’re resume will be looked at a little more closely once you have it on there .

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you thought the CFA took a ton of time. . . try > to develop a great game of golf. Amen

Mr. Good.Guy wrote: Two many people view it as a magic ticket. You have to open doors yourself, be motivated and get out there. You are not going to receive your charter and magically land your dream job. The truth hurts…and this is the truth.

ChicagoBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Good.Guy wrote: > > Two many people view it as a magic ticket. Brutal.

mh7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ChicagoBanker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Mr. Good.Guy wrote: > > > > Two many people view it as a magic ticket. > > Brutal. two shay

You only have to read this thread to understand why the CFA may be facing a bleak outlook. It is rife with poor spelling, grammar, punctuation, logic, and reason. I am not an English teacher, but “two”? ChicagoBanker? Please, with that type of mistake I’d think you’re a teller. Personally, after spending an immense amount of time studying to pass all 3 levels on the first try, I can say that I found it very beneficial. I have been hired by two employers who took a lot of stock in my charter. It has helped open many doors for me, including saving my job in the current market. I think a large part of the problem is that the standard is getting watered down by every person possible trying to get it, including corporate finance guys or people only on the periphery of the capital markets. It is plainly evident from this board that many people can’t even understand how the capital markets work, nor do they have the ability to even think critically about the last 5 years. Many thought that housing wasn’t a bubble, oil wasn’t a bubble (or the rest of commodities for that matter), and now they think that the world will end with a new President. It is pretty pathetic to come on here and see such silliness. I’ve seen better finance/economic/political commentary from the drunk high school educated hicks at the bars in my rural home town of 2,500 when I go back to visit old friends every few years.

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You only have to read this thread to understand > why the CFA may be facing a bleak outlook. It is > rife with poor spelling, grammar, punctuation, > logic, and reason. I am not an English teacher, > but “two”? ChicagoBanker? Please, with that type > of mistake I’d think you’re a teller. > > Personally, after spending an immense amount of > time studying to pass all 3 levels on the first > try, I can say that I found it very beneficial. I > have been hired by two employers who took a lot of > stock in my charter. It has helped open many > doors for me, including saving my job in the > current market. > > I think a large part of the problem is that the > standard is getting watered down by every person > possible trying to get it, including corporate > finance guys or people only on the periphery of > the capital markets. > > It is plainly evident from this board that many > people can’t even understand how the capital > markets work, nor do they have the ability to even > think critically about the last 5 years. Many > thought that housing wasn’t a bubble, oil wasn’t a > bubble (or the rest of commodities for that > matter), and now they think that the world will > end with a new President. > > It is pretty pathetic to come on here and see such > silliness. I’ve seen better > finance/economic/political commentary from the > drunk high school educated hicks at the bars in my > rural home town of 2,500 when I go back to visit > old friends every few years. ChicagoBanker didn’t write that. Mr. Good.Guy did.

Spierce, Next time read the ENTIRE thread. I was simply commenting on an original comment from Mr.Good.Guy.