** Book 6, CFAI - EXAM SCORES **

hi iblees… re-read the question… they are asking for the “least appropraite action”… in which case, speaking to the person directly and getting an assurance that it wont happen again is the correct answer, since it is nowhere near prudent enough (compared to the other choices)

CFAI 1 - 71% CFAI 3 - 80%

Book 6 - 1am= 64% Book 6 - 1pm= 68% Book 6 - 2am= 74% Book 6 - 2pm= 68% then took a study break for 3 days. and now ive done CFAI 1 - 78% CFAI 2 - 78% Doing Book 6 # 3 tommorow all day. Any chance of passing with these scores?

Youre right Bleuey, I misread the question. Damn, Id say a good 25% of my mistakes are misreadings…Gotta be more careful on the exam, no question about it.

128nigel, just keep chugging along, I think you’ll be fine.

Hey everybody, I just finished Book 6. Like a poster above, I used E1 for review. Here are my disappointing scores: E-2 am - 67% E-2 pm - 66% E-3 am - 74% E-3 pm - 66% I was hoping this afternoon’s test would improve upon the 74% I scored this morning, but I found this afternoon test much more difficult. It seemed to focus on some very time consuming problems. In fact, I find that I barely have enough time to finish these tests in 3 hours. I’m planning on taking a CFAI online exam tomorrow, which I understand is a bit less wordy. However, I am pretty comfortable with the equations and calculations. It’s the really deep conceptual problems that start giving me some issues. Are the concepts on the CFAI exams pretty basic? Man, I’m worried…

There are substanially more conceptual questions on the CFAI exams, however, the wording is generally easier to understand. Where I have trouble is in some of the problems that relate strictly to the CFA cirriculum. One that comes to mind was Taylor vs McAllum in macro econ - im fairly certain schweser didnt mention these guys (the question turned out to be very easy tho - along the lines of taylor=keynesian, mcallum = monetarist). I also found it easier to reason through some solutions on the CFA test when i was un sure of the answer.

128nigel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are substanially more conceptual questions > on the CFAI exams, however, the wording is > generally easier to understand. Where I have > trouble is in some of the problems that relate > strictly to the CFA cirriculum. One that comes to > mind was Taylor vs McAllum in macro econ - im > fairly certain schweser didnt mention these guys > (the question turned out to be very easy tho - > along the lines of taylor=keynesian, mcallum = > monetarist). I also found it easier to reason > through some solutions on the CFA test when i was > un sure of the answer. I wonder if the CFAI purposefully includes these types of questions on the exam to punish people for not buying their texts.

just finished the book 6 exams, here we go: Book 6 Exams Exam Status Score Book 6 Exam 1 AM Review Test 83% Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 77% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 78% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 81% Book 6 Exam 3 AM Review Test 84% Book 6 Exam 3 PM Review Test 83% I still seem to be getting EXACTLY the same questions wrong, over and over… i just hope the next few days is enough to remedy them

1 am -76 1 pm -70 -not going to count this - i had to take a break because my 1.5 month old was crying 2 am -72 2 pm 81 3 am 78 3pm 78 CFAI 3 -78.33 -Ethics shook my confidence,but FSA was great 100%.

Talked to some of my friends who have passed Level I and II. They all said that Schweser exams are totally different to real exam. It is hard to say which one is more difficult because these are two different types of questions. Anyway, they said time in real exam is not as challenging as schweser exams as you don’t need to do lots of calculation.

I’m getting 50’s in CFAI exams, am I doomed?

Just took CFA - sample 5… 91.6% after getting high 60s and lower 70s, this is really boosting my confidence now. Planning to take 3 to see how tough it is. Loved the sample test, it is much less wordy than schweser book6. Good luck all of you. Lets keep it going.

damn

you guys are just playing with my emotions. 91.6%!!!

schweser bk 6: #2 pm: 84% #3 am: 82% #3 pm: 83% I did the first 3 sample exams as practice problems so those don’t count. And these scores should be technically adjusted downward since i didn’t take time into consideration. But i’m usually pretty good with timing, hence I didn’t worry too much about it. CFAI Sample Exam 5: 88% Will attempt CFAI Sample Exam 3 either today or tomorrow.

well said Tokyo, my views exactly.

Book 7 - Practice Exams are EVILLLL. I worked through around 3,000 QBank questions and my score is around 77%. I managed to pull my Book6 test score to an 80%. I took CFAI practice exam 1 and scored around a 75%. However, I took the first exam in Book 7 and got 74% 1 am and 68% 1 pm! I believe there was a question in there regarding call and continuous markets (Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Norway) and the Schweser study materials fail to mention any of those countries in the LOS. Very frustrating as I saved Book 7 for these last few days. I have since given up on that and am reviewing previous material as to stabilize my confidence for Saturday.

CFAI 4 is tricky :S Econs suck

askajan, I’m totally feeling you on book 7. I remember that exact question and said to myself, “NO WAY,” they can’t possibly expect us to remember that! I think that question is irrelevant.