Boston

man on a mission here ladies & gents

I consider it my “blitz” strategy. Blitz the brain with so many mock questions, I’ve seen every variation of cobb douglas, required return, convexity question there is! It worked last year in Level2 and hoping it works again this year.

From last year: https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91828720#comment-91828720

Hi 125mph,

thanks for the details you share. I might try Konvexity once I complete CFAI and MM - I didn’t even know there is an exam provider called Konvexity haha.

Just a quick question, I see some of the past exam questions are no longer relevant to the current syllabus, how did you go with those ones? How did you distinguish them (did you go manually?) and did you just skip them or still give a go?

I have just started on the past papers and referring to MM’s solutions. It seems like MM skipped about half of the questions. Not sure if it would worth going through all of them.

Thanks in advance!

I still attempt the irrelevant questions. With the current material you csn actually solve most the irrelevant stuff and gain a better overall understanding of the material. You csn definitely do corners portfolios, most old FI questions, old equities, and older rebalance. The only question i ignore is the constant mix & cppi rebalance stuff.

Just wrote it as a live mock. I can’t believe how much of it was dedicated to fixed income from level 2. Overall it seemed to focus on fringe topics. Pretty disappointed in it.

Word! I took the exam yesterday in Zurich and thought exactly the same about the FI part… I looked it up in the schweser books and there are no readings regarding the calculation of portfolio modified duration and annualized dispersion… either schweser missed something or this is definitely not exam topic… what do you think guys? I hade no idea when this question came up and it was 8point/minutes question… i mean come on