Breaking news, May 2021 computer based

So I guess everyone is processing the latest breaking news. Anyone scheduled for December can move it back to May 2021 for computer based 4.5 hour exam, which will be the standard going forward. I will move mine back, since December wasn’t working for me anyway. Plus I have a feeling the December will be cancelled anyway. Just spoke with CFA Institute, they said fewer questions, but the difficulty level will be the same and the curriculum stays the same for 2021. They actually told me they were only 1 year away from going completely computer based anyway!

are you able to re-register for 2021 ? cause i’m not. plus I don’t have my city in the options. weird.

Is it a cash grab. well are they going to scrap the essay type? will there be a bump in CFA charterholders. Gosh so many questions!!!

Essays are still there.

I just called the institute. Essay questions to continue. For calculations, it is recommended that work be shown…I wonder how long that will take

You will get a link once you get an email from CFA inst. You will have to cancel your Dec date and reschedule for May

This was all definitely happening anyway. The pandemic just moved it up by a year.

1 Like

Prometric has scanners that you can use to scan any handwritten answer to submit electromically. For clarity: the scanner is right next to your monitor when taking a test at prometric.

Good to hear. Because typing in my answers would be a pain.

1 Like

Also, will we get the results in a shorter timeframe or the agonizing 2 month waiting system still continues ?

That’s great news!

1 Like

Just to be extra clear: while the scanner is available, whether you can use them is completely up to the CFAI and how they set up the exam.

for exams that are only multiple-choice (i.e. exam I and exam II),
after the exam has been administered a couple of times, CFAI can choose to make a preliminary result available to candidates. In the meantime, you will most certainly have to wait to see your exam results. It is possible that candidates taking exam I or II in, say, 2022 will be able to see the preliminary result showing that they passed or failed soon after finishing the exam.

Everybody receives an email from CFAI about this? I have not.

Agree with cash grab but doubt there will be bump, I would think they’ll adjust the MPS afterwards to regulate the total number who pass. Those who don’t can pay to sit again except within the same fiscal year. Will be a nice bump in annual revenue though. If anything it might just make it even harder to pass.

I registered for Dec 2020, we can register for June OR November 2021.

Wouldn’t the curriculum change for Nov 2021?

Syllabus freeze for 2020 and 2021

May or November 2021