Brilliant GM, Just Brilliant

Ahahahaha! I almost choked when I saw the picture of this piece of shit. And the wheely that guy is making. Really impressive. Unbeliebable that GM is burning taxpayers money with the development of something like this. What will be the name? Homerobile? Ahahaha

needs spinning rims

Oil companies do not arbitrarily drill holes in the ground, they perform extensive geographical surveys and do their homework. I am still laughing at this vehicle (will it actually bear the name “General Motors”? Like in this fictional dialogue: “What are you driving?” Answer: “A GM” Answer back: “Uahahahaahaa!!!”), but I know that at some dark place in this world there will be some twisted soul who wants to own a piece like this. But is this really the market GM wants to explore? And will they offer it also as a hybrid?

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So what happens when one of these collides with > a > > Hummer? > > > Considering they’re both GM products they’ll > probably both fall apart. +1

Of course it’s not arbitrary but even AFTER a seismic study the chances of success are getting slimmer and the wells are getting deeper. Seismic only reveals a trap where oil “might” be, it doesn’t tell you if there is oil, water or something else there. 50 years ago you flew around in an airplane and looked for oil seeping to the surface. Now, we drill for six weeks to depths that were unimaginable back then…routinely… for smaller discoveries. I think Warren Buffett said, in regards to yellow pages telephone directories, that if the internet existed these types of books would never have been invented. Similarly, the auto and the highway system might never have caught on had we had to drill 2 miles deep to find the fuel for them. Allocating resources to this is better than bailing out bankers and hedge fund managers.

I recall someone pointing out that if we had a nuclear war and bombed everyone back into the stone age, we could not develop fossil fuel technologies (other than perhaps coal), because readily available resources are now depleted and the remaining would be too far from the surface to be reachable with pre- or early-industrial technologies. Sorry Mad Max.