CAIA Level 1 Results

Thanks Dog, congrats to you as well!

Got my score breakdown. It demonstartes my one complaint about CAIA, the only areas I was comparable to the bottom quartile were the areas where I’ve spent my 10 year career. There is definitely some disconnect between the focus of the material and real world applications.

Ah so you can see the breakdown then? I am unable to sign in and get a “Site under maintenance” page after attempting to log in. Interesting you say that because I have exclusively worked in equities since 2004. I am keen to see how I did under different areas.

I was able to sign in and see a pass. Then the website just keeps crashing! I hope its not a fluke. I would be crushed!

Haha kwatler, that would be painful. I think we should all go out for a drink and recheck in a couple of hours.

Dog

I did get the breakdown, but wasn’t quick enough to save it as the website has now gone down again.

Let’s hope they’re not recalculating…!

Beer for everyone while they wait.

Dog

I saw "passed’ against my name. If they go back and change it - I’ll have issues!

there was never any activity on this website during the testing process, now that our results are up, the caia website is crashed - guess we cant wait another day to get our resulta haha

the website is up and runing but I can’t manage to find the results!!!

Click on “My Account”. Then “Veiw / edit my profile”. Then “Account History”. Good Luck!

I’m drinking my white wine:) and results are amazing: I overperfomed those I’m working on or those I wasn’t sure… Still I need some tome for analysis…

Passed! Didn’t even realize results were being released today. Glad to have more time to work on 2015 CFA Level II exam.

All the best to those who are continuing on in the CAIA program in March. I think I’ll be waiting until next September to take CAIA Level II exam.

Congratulations everyone! I passed the CAIA Level 1 today as well. I’ve been hanging out on the forums just spectating and finally decided to make a user account. Looking forward to the conversations. Commodities: Outstanding Hedge Funds: Outstanding Intro to Alts: Higher Private Equity: Higher Ethics: Higher Real Assets: Outstanding Portfolio Management: Outstanding Structured Products: Comparable

Congratulations again, everyone and here is my performance:

Structured Prodicts and Private Equity: Higher

Everything else: Outstanding

Domelight, I like your plan of pursuing CFA Level II in June followed by CAIA Level II. I put CFA on the shelf after we had our first child back in 2009.

Dog

Domelight, we are in the same boat! let’s cooperate.

TheSilverBull, Congratulations! You and Dog, well done!! I’m not so smart:) I will wait for your detauiled review of CAIA level 2 preparation for March.

Definitely Aliandr! And I don’t know about smarter! I didnt have to take any flights anywhere to take the exam.

Passed, found it just as challenging as level 1 CFA, albeit the subject matter was not as volumous and does not require the same time commitment. In essence, not to be underestimated.

Commodities Higher

Hedge Funds Comparable

Introduction to Alternative Investments Higher

Private Equity Higher

Ethics Outstanding

Real Assets Higher

Risk management comparable

Structured Products Higher

Passed!! Definitely a relief. 2 Comps (ethics & HF), 2 Higher (Com & AIts) , 4 OS.

I know 67% is a high pass-rate but I would be very interested in seeing a candidate profile similar to what I’ve seen in the CFA forums (i.e. background, undergrad, experience, etc). I get the impression the lower CFA results are due to the inclusion of non-Finance professionals giving the CFA a go, whereas CAIA candidates have, IMHO, a stronger foundation and related experience.

Zubbo, congrats! I think CAIA doesn’t do such profile.