CAIA LEVEL I - REPORT YOUR RESULTS

Congrats to all who passed!

Truthfully I spent slightly less than 100 hours, but they were high quality hours with 60 being in the 8 days leading up to the exam drilling mocks all day and focusing on what I got wrong. I’ve always focused on learning the material vs. passing the exam. I also work on the industry which I felt gave me a leg up. As someone much smarter than me once said about CFA exams, crush ethics and you give yourself a standing start -

My results

Comparable in Intro to Alts, Real Assets and Structured Products

Higher in HF, Risk Mgmt

Stronger in Ethics and PE

I’ll spend considerably more time on L2.

Math

Stronger in HF, Intro, Real Assets, Structured Products, and Higher in the rest… I thought the exams (especially AM…) was brutal, although I was well prepared… apparently stressed over nothing since CAIAA now gives CFA charterholder free pass on level one… oh well

Level I was such a waste of time and money now that, like Sonic said, CAIAA is giving it away. I felt good that I passed. But now I wish I didn’t bother. Can’t quit now though. So upset with them.

Everyone i spoke/chatted with feels the same way about CAIAA decision regarding this “Stackable Designation” nonsense. Apparently, CAIAA kept it on the hush hush knowing that it will face very angry candidate but they are counting on current members and candidates to be just upset and take no actions. in another word ultimately become complacent. Well, I urge everyone feels the frustration to voice their opinions with CAIAA. let us show them that current members and candidates, including those who are CFA Charterholders, do not agree on such a dilution to the designation. I have emailed them a pretty lengthy and factual email and have a call scheduled. what about you?

Hi Gogo40, I passed L1 but I will “invest” considerably more time on L2. I spent more than 250h in L1 and my exam performance (on average) was comparable… Congrats to all of you. Great curriculum and experience. I strongly support and recommend the CAIA program. What materials do you all plan on using for L2?

Hi Parinita,Thank you very much! Great idea. I would like to join the CAIA Level II September 2018 whatsapp study chat group. I will PM you.

Congrats to all who passed!

Unfortunately I did not pass, Higher in three topics, and lower the rest of them. It is disappointing but I’m not at all discouraged. I used Wiley official prep material, mock exam from CAIA, and video lectures from Wiley - Efficient learning. Any prep material, qbank or mock exam you recommend ?

Thanks,

Andrés

afgh1007- I felt all three Schweser exams and the Schweser mock exam were helpful because the more exam type experiences the better in my opinion. It helped me narrow focus on sections I was consistently poor on. Schweser Qbank was good but much easier and helpful for basic-medium difficulty fundamental understanding. The Schweser exams contained more representative questions.

Ray Spain - Congrats on passing L I… Believe me we will all invest more time for L II.

a friendly reminder to everyone (L I Candidates, L II Candidates, and CAIAA Mememebers) to voice your opinioni to CAIAA About that garbage Stackable Designation Pilot Programs that they just announced, which IMHO is a dilution to the strength of the CAIA designation. I did voice my frustration to them, loud and clear.

Here is the info about the Pilot Program:

https://caia.org/stackable-pilot

And, here is how you contact them and express your opinion, you should request someone to call you back:

https://caia.org/get-in-touch

Hi,

I would know what you used to review ?

Which method ? Thank you

I would like to know what you used to review? Which method? ARE YOU AVAILABLE TO REVISE TOGETHER KayMer79 Thank you

afgh1007 - commiserations for not passing this time around, best of luck for your next attempt!

I passed the March 2018 exam (Stronger in 5 areas, Higher in 2 with about 100 hours of study total) and used the Wiley materials like you. I found their lesson notes helpful in providing an abridged summary of the key course content but were almost too concise in certain areas - I seem to remember their notes not covering a few areas of the official book at all, which meant I had to cross-refer quite a bit to ensure I had reviewed everything.

I found their question bank to be useful but easier than the mock exam (with the real thing then being harder than the mock in my opinion!). A lot of people seem to approve of the Kaplan materials so perhaps consider them for your next attempt?

Hi - yes I’m able to chat with you. I’m going to start a WhatsApp group like we did prior which helped tremendously. Message me your number and I’ll get it started.

Hi KayMer79

i prefer use Skype or gmail or an other software with internet because my whats’app doesn’t work

thank

Is this number correct? i’m looking for level 1 group

Hi, your number is correct? i’m looking for level one whatsapp group

Hi

My number +33 670470591

I waiting your call what’s app

KayMer79

what is your number what’s app ?

Thank

Call me about CAIA sometime 867-5309

#Jenny