CAIA lvl 2 and CFA lvl 2

See, I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think that counts as difficulty in the sense that an examination is supposed to test a candidate’s proficiency and understanding of the material. A tough but fair question, for instance, would require the calculation of portfolio standard deviation before using it as an input into another calculation instead of giving it to you directly. Asking about random factoids that require rote memorisation, or even worse, doing the same but in the essay section, does not make an exam difficult in the way it should be. I never once had that feeling during any of the FRM or CFA exams, and the only reason I think I will likely pass CAIA L2 is because I realised that rote memorisation was necessary. It devalues the charter in my opinion.

DELETED

I probably logged between 200 and 250 hours. I wanted to be over-prepared to make sure I only had to do it once.

Ugh can someone describe a hypothetical example of required memorization? That sounds awful (I’m obv not asking for actual exam questions)

Ethics

I think the most challenging were FRM I&II, CIPM II, CAIA II

I thought the CFA was broad but not as useful, it’s just general finance info for a second to third year undergrad; didn’t add much for me.

I have great respect for the FRM achievers.

@mhbarakat@gmail.com, I saw you studying with CAIA association, does that mean you use the official study guide without using Kaplan and Upper mark? How do you feel the study process so far? Thanks

I did the exam this past September. Yes, I used the CAIA book, did the CAIA mock and of most importance the exercise problems in the CAIA workbook - very important. https://caia.org/content/curriculum-study-tools

best of luck

I didn’t do the workbook but in hindsight I should have. I’ll complete it when I likely retake… Curious if others who completed the workbook found it helpful and representative of the exam? Or would you say it’s about the same as Schweser end of chapter questions that I found kind of spotty on materiality?

FRM II

FRM I

CIPM Expert

CIPM Principles

CAIA II

CFA3

CAIA I

CFA II

CAMS

CFA I

I did this, failed caia l2 spring and passed Cfa l2 June. Caia l2 is hard in my experience and difficult to prepare for adequately in that the test isn’t a good reflection of study materials, and memorization driven vs concept.