calculate goodwill?

ro424 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there is GW in the equity method as well. i know. there is no partial of full. you only have to determine partial or full when you consolidate

FYI guys, this isn’t a CFAI or Schweser question… I wouldn’t get too caught up on it.

It’s shown as examples and also in EOC, so I think it’s worth knowing it. It’s also straightforward as you can see from above.

Can someone just do a quick run through of how to get goodwill under the equity method? Don’t think I’ve come across it…

CFAtime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can someone just do a quick run through of how to > get goodwill under the equity method? Don’t think > I’ve come across it… Purchase Price - FMV of your portion of sub’s net assets. very simple

ryanwtyler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAtime Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can someone just do a quick run through of how > to > > get goodwill under the equity method? Don’t > think > > I’ve come across it… > > > Purchase Price - FMV of your portion of sub’s net > assets. > > very simple So GW under equity method is like… partial goodwill method?