Calling all Charterholders

Don’t get too down after the AM session. I got owned in the AM session but the PM session was a walk in the park. Keep your head high.

The L3 AM session is by far the toughest three hours in the CFA program. Time is likely to be a factor unless you’re a BSD. Unfortunately, you have to spend some of that time just shuffling paper back and forth. Make sure you’re writing where you’re supposed to write. RTFQ and all that.

I took L3 in 2008 - can’t believe it’s been five years - and the last question I just punted because I ran out of time. But I remember it was a futures question that used yen, like trillions of yen. Bastards could have given us a more friendly currency to work with…

^ i took the same exam in 2008. I punted that last question too and the question before it.

Yeah, I remember that question. And it was question #11 too. Actually an easy one (aside from the trillions part), but when you discover “hey, there’s an extra question here” at 2h 45 min it’s a PITA.

Last year I was rooting for this AFer who passed after studying just one month. This year my chips are on Greenie. Good luck.

The AM was way tougher than PM. I remember the PM section beeing the easiest section on any level.

Thanks IEV. I think that at this point, I’ve studied about 600 hours for level 3. I’m going back to a tax practice next year, and my wife is expecting again in August. So I figure this is my only chance for level 3. If I don’t pass with 600 hours, there’s no reason to believe I will ever pass.

hopefully this is our reward for the past three years of suffering. I hate to see all the suffering, especially by the women candidates.

End women’s suffrage!!!

Can you use pencil or do you need pen?

Well gents, here I am sitting outside the test room. I saved the 2012 am exam for this moment. I’m gonna work on it until 6:00, then I’m headed back to the hotel to relax a bit.

Good luck to everyone, at all levels, wherever you are.

As a prof, I think there’s a third possibility. After reading through my students tortured answers, by the end of the exam I’m fed up with grading. So I make sure that the last question is easy so that it’s easier to grade. It also acts as a palate cleanser so that I get to see my students end on a high note (either they didn’t get to it, in which case it’s easy to grade, or they nailed it so I feel like a better teacher).