Can afternoon save your face?

Statistics, mate. Goes on to show some mf can pass the entire exam with luck.

Last year I failed and was in band 9 with the following:

AM

2: 50 < x < 70

The rest x < 50

I wrote a couple very long answers and took the entire time. I had not done any practice exams before hand. I thought it was an “essay” exam!!!

The afternoon was 9: x > 70 and 1: 50 < x < 70

This year I practiced AM exams and finished most every question. I expect about the same score in the PM as last year. Should pass this time.

Last year I failed and was in band 9 with the following:

AM

2: 50 < x < 70

The rest x < 50

I wrote a couple very long answers and took the entire time. I had not done any practice exams before hand. I thought it was an “essay” exam!!!

The afternoon was 9: x > 70 and 1: 50 < x < 70

This year I practiced AM exams and finished most every question. I expect about the same score in the PM as last year. Should pass this time.

Band 9 last year with a 62.94% score estimate according to 40/60/80 approach :

AM

4 : x<50

3 : 51

3: x>70

PM

2 : x<50

2 : 51

5 : x>70 => including Ethics (36 points item set…)

These may be 0 and may be around 50 %. This is doubtful. Did you leave blank entire questions last year?

I did a matrix of some scores last year, there were some scores in Band 9 which were higher than Passes because of 40/60/80. The big problem is your pM score has a very small range but in AM if you have 5-6 sections below 50 then it is very difficult to judge how much you got. The reason is there are many candidates who just leave sections blank, which is complete zero and not 40.

From the 20ish sample i had of 3 band 10s, 2 band 9s and rest pass, I felt a score around 230 was a definite pass.