Can I say I passed it on the 1st try?

Nope, which is why I was so dumbstruck. She was the only non-asian girl sitting anywhere near me and she smoked all of them… she was actually kinda hot too. If she just had no idea what she was doing, she had a great poker face about it.

i thought candidate cannot leave the exam until the end?

you are the one Toshibo. Naoto Kan

I think you cant leave if it is within the last 45 minutes. For level 1 and 2 I was able to finish very fast, especially level 1, but if you arent gone with 45 minutes to go, you have to stay there.

I’m pretty sure it was last 30 minutes. You can’t leave with only 30 minutes left in the session.

i was done in both sections in 1hour but i heard bleron completed each in 15 mins!

bleron is a legend.

15 mins! That is about as much time spent shading the answer sheet. I wonder what shape he manages to come out on the sheet though. Should be pretty impressive.

No kidding. After I passed L1, I went to the CFA event and met the guy who was a very senior member (I wouldn’t want to specify). His first question was, “was that the first try?” I realized it was very important for him. Ok, coming back to the OP, technically that was the first try. But can senior CFA members check when the candidate actually registered for the program?

toshibo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi there, > > I got CFA level 1 last Dec. > Before, I had registered L1 for the exam last June > but I didn’t sit down in the test site on the last > June exam because I didn’t study at all. > > So, my question is : > Can I say I passed CFA L1 on the 1st try in this > case? > > Thanks. According to dictionary.com, try is: –verb (used with object) 1. to attempt to do or accomplish: eg. Try it before you say it’s simple. Hence you have attempted to sit for the exam last June yet didn’t take the exam such act might be perceived as a failed try, even though you didn’t actually sit you attempt to do so by registering for the exam. Yet another dictionary didn’t have this precise definition of the word “try”, making this a dilemma. Thus I’d prefer you to use the word “time” instead of “try”. eg. “I passed CFA L1 the first time I sat for the exam” Regards

in my opinion passing L1 first try is meaningless. I did it easily, with very little prep, because I was just out of the MBA program and ignorantly arrogant about the exam. Does that imply that I could pass L2 or L3 the first time, or anything at all? Nope…

You can say the date you passed I think.

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in my opinion passing L1 first try is meaningless. > I did it easily, with very little prep, because I > was just out of the MBA program and ignorantly > arrogant about the exam. Does that imply that I > could pass L2 or L3 the first time, or anything at > all? Nope… OMG, you’re like smart and stuff!

no flux, just dangerously ignorant as I started the CFA journey. I say ignorant because I assumed L2 and L3 would be a breeze just because I happened to have had the preparation to pass L1 from classes. that was before I discovered this forum. As a result, I did not pass L2/L3 the first time, as I assumed they would also be straightforward and reasonably easy. they are neither… that’s why I say it doesn’t mean anything (to me) to pass L1 the first try.

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no flux, just dangerously ignorant as I started > the CFA journey. I say ignorant because I assumed > L2 and L3 would be a breeze just because I > happened to have had the preparation to pass L1 > from classes. that was before I discovered this > forum. As a result, I did not pass L2/L3 the > first time, as I assumed they would also be > straightforward and reasonably easy. they are > neither… that’s why I say it doesn’t mean > anything (to me) to pass L1 the first try. If you’re saying it’s SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy wouldn’t it then mean something to you to have not passed L1?

Gotta hand it to jcole, nice application of inversion for testing the logic there. Although, in double dip’s defense, I think he’s referring to the idea that it’s not a strong positive indicator, kinda like not being bankrupt isn’t a strong reason to call a firm a strong buy. Although, I personally disagree that L1 is meaningless. I think it speaks well for entry level candidates.