Can I use BA II calculator for CSC exam?

SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > While I’m not arguing that the CSC is much easier > than the CFA (I’m set to write L1 in June), I do > know a lot of people that have failed the volume 1 > exam. I’ve also heard through the grapevine that > the passing rate for volume 1 (it’s not something > that’s published) is somewhere around 60-65%, so a > good chunk of people fail as well. Actually, It IS published - the passing rate for each exam is 60%. https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/introductory/csc.xhtml For those of you who don’t know… It’s a 100 question multiple choice exam testing very basic levels of knowledge about Canadian securities. You have two hours to write it. Here is another FACT - if you are participating on a CFA forum - and you don’t think the CSC is a joke: you should re-evaluate your career goals. I don’t want to sound rude, but if you wrote volume 1 and DONT know about the 60% pass rate - you shouldnt be posting on this topic.

if i remember correctly the pass mark is also 60 % … When i did it a few years ago i found the 2nd exam to be a little tougher than than the 1st …

CSC = a breeeeeeeze! I passed both CSC exams (both on first attempt) with no previous knowledge in finance. Just last month, I crammed CSC Exam 2 in 4 days… I can’t believe they charged friggin 950$ for THAT. =_= sigh

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if i remember correctly the pass mark is also 60 % > … > > When i did it a few years ago i found the 2nd > exam to be a little tougher than than the 1st … Yeah I meant pass mark…

128nigel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SomewhatDamaged Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > While I’m not arguing that the CSC is much > easier > > than the CFA (I’m set to write L1 in June), I > do > > know a lot of people that have failed the volume > 1 > > exam. I’ve also heard through the grapevine > that > > the passing rate for volume 1 (it’s not > something > > that’s published) is somewhere around 60-65%, so > a > > good chunk of people fail as well. > > Actually, It IS published - the passing rate for > each exam is 60%. > https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/introduct > ory/csc.xhtml > > For those of you who don’t know… It’s a 100 > question multiple choice exam testing very basic > levels of knowledge about Canadian securities. You > have two hours to write it. Here is another FACT - > if you are participating on a CFA forum - and you > don’t think the CSC is a joke: you should > re-evaluate your career goals. > > I don’t want to sound rude, but if you wrote > volume 1 and DONT know about the 60% pass rate - > you shouldnt be posting on this topic. You completely misunderstood what I said. I think it’s rather obvious that any half-wit knows that the passing mark for the exam is 60%, that’s not what I was alluding to. Try again.

Ahhh my bad dude, but seriously this shouldnt even be a discussion… CSC… give me a break… Failing the CSC though… thats pretty bad. def no CFA for them

OK, OK, CSC is a joke…CFA is harder…Canada is a joke…US is harder…Canadians are jokes…Americans are smarter…

No one implied Canadians were a joke. Just that CSC is crazy easy relative to the CFA

Canadians are fairly funny though.

In the words of Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction: It ain’t the same ballpark, it ain’t the same league, it ain’t even the same f’n sport. He was talking about foot massages. However his words are true for this thread too.

nice one Jabroni… are you Canadian? :P.