Can L2 ne done in 4 months..????

Schweser all three levels. I did the Vol I enough times that I basically had it memorized, and I did a few online samples from CFAI.

23adam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph86 - what is your background in? pls email > me at fadam23@gmail.com. I would like to discuss > the strategy you used for L2 and any pointers or > missteps you would recommend. thanks…cheers! There’s a PLETHORA of advice on this topic out there already…you just have to find it. For example: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1089928,1091715#msg-1091715 If you ask 5 different people, you’ll get 5 different answers. I used Schweser almost exclusively for L2, some people wouldn’t touch it. You just have to figure out what works for you and go with it.

I did it in about 2.5 months, not even really cramming, working full time, and >70’d in all but 2 categories. I used Schweser for all of it. It can be done and probably is done all the time.

Hey steph96 and all those who passed…would you recommending saving the EOC and passmaster/Q-bank until you finish all the readings…as it were it is kinda tasking watching the videos, reading the chapter, taking notes…by then, am sick of the subject and having a hard time ( motivation wise) to look at passmaster or EOC…any suggestions?

KSN, I’m assuming you have a very solid understanding of finance. Buy the Schweser Notes, compare topics that you aren’t familar with from PhD work and then study the hell out of it. Still, I would not underestimate the material with overlap. Focus on the LOS from the materials and the way CFAI will test. Personally, I wouldn’t touch the CFAI Texts at this point in the game, but everyone I’m sure will have their own opinion on that. I feel they are way too much all over the place in the content to use as a study tool without having the full time available. Schweser will be nice and focussed. Good Luck

Thanks Investor 83.

To those who say/think Level 2 absolutely cannot be done in four months… shove it. All of you plan on making it one day in your careers from ib analysts to MDs or from portfolio associates to PMs. Do you honestly think no one before you has done it without going insane? It’s just a test, it’s not like you’re structuring a cap structure arbitrage position on Ford and sweating over the fx risk. To everyone who just passed and is starting: YOU CAN DO IT. Just like you can get a job in this economy, all it takes is perseverance and determination. Don’t let the haters/pessimists get you down. Just fucking go for it!

Thank you guys for advice… i appreciate it,…!!!

i sure hope so i can, because i’m giving it a shot…

me likes the pep talk by muffin

Varun Darji: If it makes you any comfy, I am going to start my prep at end of Feb. I donot know basic equation (a=l+e) when I started my level I; I am active on AM only after clearing level I. So I am better equipped and have more intuition than I had for level I Good luck

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1038126,1038126#msg-1038126

I’m going to gamble 2,000$ worth of study material and income lost due to time off work and go for it