Can this Matrix be a Fail? Need your opinions

Passed with

<=50: quant, econ, pm, equity

51-70: CF, FRA, ethics, Alts

70 or higher: Der, FI

I know this will make some of you mad.

So… It has been said in the forum before, but the not heavily weighted stuff (Deriv/Econ/etc.) is where people get destroyed. Also, FRA is always important. Sub 50 on FRA is probably the culprit here.

"Surprising, this matrix of mine landed me in Band 8, i thought it was Band 9 before, but after looking again, it was actually band 8.

Considering asking for retab, dont know if its prudent, but i believed i should get better than a Band 8 even if this is considered as a fail."

–> Yep, that’s likely a fail coz you failed FRA. Like I’ve said last year when I passed L2, you have to perfect Equity and FRA to pass. ( I failed 4 other sections and passed). Don’t bother with retab.

Failed band 10.

40/60/80:

estimated score : 67

max: 81

min: 58

<50 - corp, quants

50-70 - ethics, equity, Econ

>70 - alt, derivatives, fra, portfolio, fixed income

If anything, it looks like at least a band 10. The only way Band 8 is plausible is your FRA is towards the low end of <50 and your >70 subjects are mostly borderline. That being said, I don’t think CFAI makes grading errors except scantron related issues, in which you’d probably fail with band 1 or 2. So thinking rationally, a re-tab probably won’t do much. But If spending $100 and getting a confirmation there’s no tabulation error saves you further apprehensions, then go ahead and request it. I know if I were if your shoes, that’s worth way more than $100.