Candidates that have started doing topic tests, which one do you think is the hardest?

IMO. The timing is strong positevly correlated with knowledge and required skills needed to solve certain concept.

I am able to solve vignette within 5 minutes If i clearly understand required concept or still can spend over 25 minutes to vignettes with sigificiant lack of knowledge to solve the issue.

My goal is also to consistantly hit 5/6 across the board with topic tests and mocks. I think I am there with Corporate Finance already. Which is 5-15% of the exam… Hopefully 15% :stuck_out_tongue:

Just finished completely Schweser notes. This portfolio management topic’s also brought headache. I got the impression that authors of curriculum absolutely complicated everything wherever they could.

Isn’t that one bullshit? It’s truly insane.

which one are you referring to?

I feel your pain flash… I feel the same way about portfolio management!

Just reading PM summaries and making notes. Progress is happening but is very slow compared to last year and L1 studying. There are many concepts in L2 curriculum which require 5-6 times to go through and examine.

The Eriksson one! It’s unbelievably hard.

Have you noticed that in almost every topic on portal, the first vignette is the hardest one?

Are there any speedy methods to do the calculations. Even though I know the concept I take too much time to do the cal. Such as swap fixed rate…

They added more vignettes. Months ago I counted about 70, today there are 83. Also they deleted one from quants.

They have added a few. I counted 79 a few weeks ago…

omg, personal record, 0/6.

Don’t worry. I have achieved your record as well.

I’ve been printing them out and doing them by hand, definitely learned a bunch doing that!

Some of those tests on portal are brutal. I am not sure that even their author may solve all of those (above 67 %) within 18 min. time limit. The other are quite fair. Hardest are FRA and Ethics. CFAI EOCs are peanuts compared to portal tests.

I found Corporate Finance and Equity very fair. Averaging 75ish on those consistently. FRA is just terrible.

I’ve done all of the practice tests and I found the FRA ones to be the hardest, especially those that require adjustments to the financial statements, eg. from LIFO to FIFO or with capitalizations.

Joined the 0/6 Eriksson club this afternoon, and 1/6 on the following FRA vignette. And that was AFTER spending the last few days reviewing FRA EoC’s and feeling pretty good about it.

Looks like I’ll be switching over to topic tests for this month’s review rather than EoCs. 1st mock in a few weeks.

Should we just keep grinding on these FRA topic tests until we get 100% not based on memory??