Career change

I didn’t know IU had an MS in Finance program. When did that start?

Guys… Thanks for all the responses on this topic… all the insight is really helpful… I know have another question… sorry to bother u all with so many questions… Do u guys know abt any softwares/tools for portfolio management or risk management…I recently found Calypso…Advent…to name a few…which one is recommended for someone with making to keep the foot in the industry… how can i get training/certification of these softwares…

If you are interested in fixed income, you might want to check out Polypaths.

Can i get training somewhere in that… or if I learn it by myself can i get some ceritification from them…

I’m not 100% sure about these software packages specifically, but I’d be surprised if each of these vendors didn’t offer training themselves on these specialized packages.

needacfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys… Thanks for all the responses on this > topic… all the insight is really helpful… > > I know have another question… sorry to bother u > all with so many questions… > > Do u guys know abt any softwares/tools for > portfolio management or risk management…I > recently found Calypso…Advent…to name a > few…which one is recommended for someone with > making to keep the foot in the industry… how can > i get training/certification of these softwares… Morning Star just purchased Thompson a few months back and will be rolling out a new software platform called Principia within the next quarter. My firm is in the test phase now. From what I’ve heard it should be a pretty solid product form a PM stand point. Not sure about certification/training, but it may be worth looking into. Hope that helps.