Career change

Never you let anybody discourage you by saying you are too old or that it is not possible to switch career at your age, except you are one of those that hang their life totally on luck or fate. With enough passion, energy, focus, good strategy and most importantly PERSEVERANCE, anything is possible to the man who believes he can. There is always a way round every challenge we face daily. Stories and biographies abound everywhere (especially in America) of people rising to beat the odds that stand in the way of their greatness. Certainly, you are up against a host of others who may be more advantaged by reason of their age or some other factors, but I challenge you NEVER to give in to rejections from prospective employers. These challenges are a normal part of life meant to test you if you can stand as a rock and get what you want no matter the circumstances. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstances” - Robert Collier

If we need to select the most mysterious member of the year, I would vote for step.

Now try to do this step (“Back to the lab”) and make sure the pace is kept and this ain’t as smooth as I’ma get Nice and easy but hard to catch on to Move with melodies, rhymes to respond to The mic’s in front of me, so you know it’s gonna be rough and rugged, plus I’m smooth as I wanna be I’m somethin like sippin on Dom Perignon So absorb the song, til the rhyme’s all gone My beats and speech original, you can’t find these Eighty-nine is mine, so is the nineties Tellin you what you need to know and more You’re unsure? On tour, I explore From street to street, to speak, from beat after beat My cypher’s complete, when I build with people I meet So here’s the info straight from the source in fact Paid the cost to be the boss, STEP BACK give me room to exercise the mind Three-hundred and sixty degrees’ll be fine The weight of the world is what we hold That’s a six, followed by twenty-one zeroes Six sextillion tons is a lot of weight My truth is the strength and my thought won’t break What it take, concentration, to rebuild our nation but we got to have mind power And we can make it work, because I know we can And if somethin go wrong, make another plan It’s up to us, so strive and be wise and when we reach the top, don’t stop risin And I’ll keep comin up with more of the most requested songs that you all love Reach out and touch the mic, take control Still gettin +Paid+ and I still got +Soul+ And the only thing I ever wanted you to follow was poetry Mine takes X-rays, so listen closely From the darkness came the light, clear out of a dark night Now I’m here to spark the mic Send out truth, for other groups and substitutes with run-on rhymes and weak dubs and loops They’d rather hear the arsonist, they insist No need to reminisce, see if you can step to this

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now try to do this step (“Back to the lab”) > and make sure the pace is kept > and this ain’t as smooth as I’ma get > Nice and easy but hard to catch on to > Move with melodies, rhymes to respond to > The mic’s in front of me, so you know it’s gonna > be > rough and rugged, plus I’m smooth as I wanna be > I’m somethin like sippin on Dom Perignon > So absorb the song, til the rhyme’s all gone > My beats and speech original, you can’t find > these > Eighty-nine is mine, so is the nineties > Tellin you what you need to know and more > You’re unsure? On tour, I explore > From street to street, to speak, from beat after > beat > My cypher’s complete, when I build with people I > meet > So here’s the info straight from the source in > fact > Paid the cost to be the boss, STEP BACK > give me room to exercise the mind > Three-hundred and sixty degrees’ll be fine > The weight of the world is what we hold > That’s a six, followed by twenty-one zeroes > Six sextillion tons is a lot of weight > My truth is the strength and my thought won’t > break > What it take, concentration, to rebuild our > nation but we got to have mind power > And we can make it work, because I know we can > And if somethin go wrong, make another plan > It’s up to us, so strive and be wise and > when we reach the top, don’t stop risin > And I’ll keep comin up with more of > the most requested songs that you all love > Reach out and touch the mic, take control > Still gettin +Paid+ and I still got +Soul+ > And the only thing I ever wanted you to follow was > poetry > Mine takes X-rays, so listen closely > From the darkness came the light, clear out of a > dark night > Now I’m here to spark the mic > Send out truth, for other groups and substitutes > with run-on rhymes and weak dubs and loops > They’d rather hear the arsonist, they insist > No need to reminisce, see if you can step to this NICE

murph1134 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It all depends on what you mean by the “investment > line” > > If you mean research/portfolio management, that > will be a tough move because being in > sales/marketing you just have never performed that > type of job function. > > If you want to get more into a technical > investment facing role, but don’t necessarily have > your heart set on being a portfolio manager, > something like Relationship Management/Product > Management might be able to leverage your skills > from your experience while also giving you more > experience working directly with investment > concepts. While this also might not be an easy > path, probably more likely than going the > portfolio management route. thank you murph 1134, you give me an idea on how to use my CFA, & meanwhile utilise my skill & experience which i have accumulated over the last 12 years to break from current status quo, thank to all the people who have contribute the postive ideas in this lead, i really don’t expect i will get so many constructive replies, as well as the alerts so i will be cautious in planning my career

ZealVoyage Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If we need to select the most mysterious member of > the year, I would vote for step. Ha… why you say so ? :), curious to know i don’t intent to be mysterious , feel free to ask if anything puzzle you :slight_smile:

step Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ZealVoyage Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If we need to select the most mysterious member > of > > the year, I would vote for step. > > > Ha… > > why you say so ? :), curious to know > > i don’t intent to be mysterious , feel free to ask > if anything puzzle you :slight_smile: Hehe… coz you started the thread and then went quiet. Good you re-emerge now. :slight_smile:

step Wrote: > thank you murph 1134, you give me an idea on how > to use my CFA, & meanwhile utilise my skill & > experience which i have accumulated over the last > 12 years to break from current status quo, thank > to all the people who have contribute the postive > ideas in this lead, i really don’t expect i will > get so many constructive replies, as well as the > alerts so i will be cautious in planning my career The alerts are good to hear so you know what you are in for, but don’t take that as a negative. Networking and knowing what you want is the key - you’ll get there, just don’t expect it to happen tomorrow - and realize that there may have to be an intermediate step along the way.