Casting couch... Would you do it?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > former trader Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Bernanke Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > What if you and your boss are of SAME SEX? > > > > > > Everyone has a price. > > > The price for me is a heck of a lot higher than a > promotion. BUT BUT…Consider the exit ops.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > former trader Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Bernanke Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > What if you and your boss are of SAME SEX? > > > > > > > > > Everyone has a price. > > > > > > The price for me is a heck of a lot higher than > a > > promotion. > > > > BUT BUT…Consider the exit ops. Point!

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bernanke Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What if you and your boss are of SAME SEX? > > > Everyone has a price. Not true in reality. History is full of examples of individuals who held their ideals to the grave.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > former trader Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Bernanke Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > What if you and your boss are of SAME SEX? > > > > > > Everyone has a price. > > > Not true in reality. History is full of examples > of individuals who held their ideals to the grave. yep - i know these guys. most likely they didn’t receive a high enough bid, or they did but bluffed it away hoping to raise the stakes, then the market dried up and they headed straight to the grave as you pointed.

^ +1 and I think this thread is heading to Back Office :).

I agree with Black Swan. We make a decision based on our priorities. For some of us family can be more important than a promotion or more money.

Priorities: F Bitchez Make Money -2Pac (?)

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > F Bitchez 4 life til i die

I think they’d at least have to be an office 8. A girl in my area (now) slept with her previous manager and it hurt them both a lot (he was married at the time). They were forced to admit what happened to all the employees in the meeting. He got in a lot of sh*t and she got moved into our area into a crappy role. The funny thing was that the exec that forced them to admit it infront of everyone and apologize cheated on his wife with an employee about 3 months later; so he had to go apologize to the same group of people for his affair.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think they’d at least have to be an office 8. > > A girl in my area (now) slept with her previous > manager and it hurt them both a lot (he was > married at the time). They were forced to admit > what happened to all the employees in the meeting. > He got in a lot of sh*t and she got moved into > our area into a crappy role. > > The funny thing was that the exec that forced them > to admit it infront of everyone and apologize > cheated on his wife with an employee about 3 > months later; so he had to go apologize to the > same group of people for his affair. Where do you work, General Hospital?

wow this is weird. Is there a fess up day on the corporate calendar now?

Did we work together Senior Pink?

I took the plunge – she was not hot at all, but I thought it could be worth it. In a moment of clarity during a drug and alcohol binge I started questioning the wisdom of my choice. Was I really going to get promoted banging the night cleaning lady?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think they’d at least have to be an office 8. > > > > > A girl in my area (now) slept with her previous > > manager and it hurt them both a lot (he was > > married at the time). They were forced to > admit > > what happened to all the employees in the > meeting. > > He got in a lot of sh*t and she got moved into > > our area into a crappy role. > > > > The funny thing was that the exec that forced > them > > to admit it infront of everyone and apologize > > cheated on his wife with an employee about 3 > > months later; so he had to go apologize to the > > same group of people for his affair. > > > Where do you work, General Hospital? Gold

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think they’d at least have to be an office 8. > > A girl in my area (now) slept with her previous > manager and it hurt them both a lot (he was > married at the time). They were forced to admit > what happened to all the employees in the meeting. > He got in a lot of sh*t and she got moved into > our area into a crappy role. > > The funny thing was that the exec that forced them > to admit it infront of everyone and apologize > cheated on his wife with an employee about 3 > months later; so he had to go apologize to the > same group of people for his affair. You work in a f’ed up place.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Meaning, i’d do it twice. Not I’ve done it twice. > > > Once for the push forward, and then once again to > cement in their mind that I wanted them and not > the job. Ass_Man I like your style…you’re alright man

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Meaning, i’d do it twice. Not I’ve done it > twice. > > > > > > Once for the push forward, and then once again > to > > cement in their mind that I wanted them and not > > the job. > > > Ass_Man > I like your style…you’re alright man +1 I was thinking the same thing…

Heh. I do work in health care.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let’s keep this PG. I want to take a poll. > > If you had an opportunity to advance yourself in > the workplace, assuming you were single, would you > do it? The person you would have to do the dirty > with is old and ugly but can give you a promotion > and/or the position desired. Also, please state if > you are male or female. AND… if you have real > stories, even better. > > Remember, the offerer is OLD and UGLY. (In real > life, the offerers are NOT hot and young.) Assuming no consequences (single, no one will find out, diseases, etc…), definitely. This kind of stuff happened all the time at my old job.