"Casual" interview attire...

Wear a suit. If they ask why you wore it say you have anoither interview that day. Make 'em think you’re in high demand.

Super I Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wear a suit. If they ask why you wore it say you > have anoither interview that day. Make 'em think > you’re in high demand. BOOM! best response ever. now, you can always wear a suit - ALL UPSIDE!!

Haha… that’s funny, Super. Guess I will go with the suit. I like the other jokes as well earlier in the thread…Will help break the ice. Thanks for the help! Also, a petty concern, but on my other question: Should I get a briefcase/laptop bag to carry my documents in? Or would a folder suffice?

Wear a suit and don’t do it half way. I interviewed with a VC and HR told me all about how it is jeans every day and emphasis is not about how you dress but your good ideas and work. That may be. But of course I waltzed in dressed to kill with a sweet lightly pin-striped suit, brooked bros shoes, kick a$$ tie, etc. Now I have the job and wear jeans every day.

wear jeans and a bright yellow (or pink) t-shirt. i guarantee you’ll get the job for “standing out”.

Agreed, make it a confederate flag t-shirt. Also tie a ribbon and handkerchief around your neck, that looks cool.

Sweatpants and wifebeater – show your interviewer who’s really the man of the house

Haha…Tisk tisk, Numi- Mr. fashion aficionado

This has to be one of the funniest threads ever. The responses are classic!

Theo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha… that’s funny, Super. > > > Guess I will go with the suit. I like the other > jokes as well earlier in the thread…Will help > break the ice. > > > Thanks for the help! Also, a petty concern, but on > my other question: Should I get a > briefcase/laptop bag to carry my documents in? Or > would a folder suffice? I usually carry a resume and other needed docs in one of those black leatherbound notepads/folder, unless coming straight from work in which I have to bring my whole bag and laptop, etc.

Suit with no tie. However, I would cary the tie with me just in case. I’ve worn a suit with no tie to business casual interviews twice and received job offers in both cases. One with a major consulting firm and the other at a major asset manager. However, these were final round interviews and I pretty much had the job.