’Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it! How much to spend on a engagement ring?

completely indifferent.

Reading this diamond economics logic is like reading how you can buy stuff at Walmart for 20% discount and claim 20% ROI.

There’s very few timelines in which a second-hand diamond ring will appreciate in value.

All jokes aside about wanting blood diamonds (which were kinda funny) I don’t plan on buying a future wife a real diamond ring and I don’t think i’m the outlier. Fakes are getting better and better, and don’t make me think of the children mining them.

That and you can get a big ass diamond for much less than the real stuff.

jacuzzi with 3 dudes? yikes

I read a study once that found that 90% of jacuzzi water is actually pee.

Say man, when I was growing up, if we wanted a jacuzzi we had to fart in the tub.

i actually agree. but a 20 percent discount is really a 25 percent return,

There’s probably cheaper ways we could cuck ourselves instead of getting married with a $10,000.00 ring… just saying.

edit: sorry, this is really negative thinking.

Me an my boys were hangin in the jacuzzi last night, drinking Prosecco…I farted in the tub an nobody found out. Shit was lit, ma ninjas!

20% discount is about 28% return these days, when you account for TVM.

This was too good… Dupe accounts?

Gotta spend money to make money bros. At least 10K or else get em a friendship ring from Zales.

unfortunately i dont even kno what prosecco is. i only mess with dom perignon mah ninjas

Not sure, maybe max 10k. Then again, it could also be seen as an investment. Those things typically beat the inflation at least.

But if the wifey runs away after 15yrs of marriage with a 25yro gigolo and takes the ring with her, then the investment is gone!

Maybe the “running away risk” should be included when calculating the discount rate? I’d add go +2% to the discount rate to compensate.

Maybe it should be based off daily portfolio volatility (average, not today, thanks democrats)

Gold/platinum and gems generally beat inflation, but the doesn’t work well in practice because you’re buying retail (premium) and if you have to sell a ring you’re going to do so at a deep discount (likely 50% of retail).

Thanks for the heads up STL!

$200 ring from Wal-Mart it is then!

Butt ox

lol apparently my gf prefers lots of tiny diamonds in the setting vs 1 giant diamond. lol this may have gotten a lot cheaper. lol here’s to the cheap new age halo setting vs the more classic expensive giant solitaire.

anyways, apprently most people expect 1 carat. the average is 5k-6k. only 12 percent spend above 12k.

https://www.gundersons.com/blogging/2017/01/06/engagement-ring-statistics/

https://www.creditdonkey.com/engagement-ring-statistics.html

Nery, what you think of this trend of body piercing in weird locations? I saw this girl on the bus this year who had literally an arm piercing, like going through her arm skin. Wtf? Makes me uncomfortable to be honest.

it really depends on whether she is hot. but i would prolly be intimidated as well. or weirded out since it is outside of the norm.