Certified Financial Advisor (CFA)

how is the product inferior though? they not going after the same market as Harvard, Yale, Columbia etc. MCD does not make the best burgers, but that’s not their market. I think they do a pretty decent job. Definitely looking into the business more.

I have a side business whose focus is the ignorant/poor/uninformed people. Make a killing on it. As long as their money is green, I’m in.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how is the product inferior though? > > they not going after the same market as Harvard, > Yale, Columbia etc. > > MCD does not make the best burgers, but that’s not > their market. > > I think they do a pretty decent job. Definitely > looking into the business more. Mcdonalds burgers are inferior to most burgers as well - I’m glad we can agree on that point. Let me ask you this - do you think that you get a better education (all things equal, I’m not talking about a motivated student and an unmotivated student - we’re talking the same exact person) at a state university, or from the ‘University’ of Pheonix (which is a for-profit entity, which brings up another potential issue as an educator)?

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a side business whose focus is the > ignorant/poor/uninformed people. Make a killing on > it. As long as their money is green, I’m in. I’m interested in your viewpoint and would like to ascribe to your newsletter.

I think we’ve gotten off track here - the point of this post is that if you get your University of Pheonix MBA and are a Certified Financial Advisor then you can DEFINITELY get hired at Fidelity, and then my friend, the world is your oyster.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FrankArabia Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > how is the product inferior though? > > > > they not going after the same market as > Harvard, > > Yale, Columbia etc. > > > > MCD does not make the best burgers, but that’s > not > > their market. > > > > I think they do a pretty decent job. Definitely > > looking into the business more. > > Mcdonalds burgers are inferior to most burgers as > well - I’m glad we can agree on that point. > > Let me ask you this - do you think that you get a > better education (all things equal, I’m not > talking about a motivated student and an > unmotivated student - we’re talking the same exact > person) at a state university, or from the > ‘University’ of Pheonix (which is a for-profit > entity, which brings up another potential issue as > an educator)? I’m not sure where this is leading. But i think state university would do a better job. I don’t think U of P is a tremendous “education” institution. As a matter of fact, i know its inferior in its product no doubt.i would not go to u of p, but i wouldn’t shell out tons of money for an mba in any case. the business model, from the little i know is good. but i won’t get into the details until i receive my investor pack. i appreciate the feedback, but I think we’re looking at this situation from a different perspective, maybe.

Yes, I have been thinking of UoP and similar institutions as a sectoral buy. WalMart can be just as good a buy as Whole Foods, even if I’d prefer to eat from the latter over the former.

Bchadwick knows what i mean. product inferiority does not mean business inferiority. bchad, would you be able to discuss your findings with me personally?

FrankArabia, I haven’t done any serious bottom-up research yet. I came down to “non-traditional educational and professional certification models” from a top-down investment perspective (I’m a top down investor, though you still have to convince yourself you’re not doing something crazy by doing a bottom-up double-check).

Bchad Normally i start at the annual report and dig into the company and understand the economics of the business. afterwards, the valuation should be fairly clear if i can understand the business. why don’t i go through some figures and share that with you and you share with me some of your top down views.

sounds good… my email is brucebiz_wi at the yeah-who place. (btw, I’m not dogmatic about top-down vs. bottom up - it’s just where I see my analytical skills as having the most advantage. We all should be focusing on where our skills add the most value, and building new skills to increase that value.)

so will the real certified financial advisor please stand up and put one of those fingers on each hand up and be proud to be outta your mind and outta control and one more time, loud as you can, how’s it go? … (Chorus) I’m Slim Certified financial advisor, yes, I’m the real Certified financial advisor all you other Slim Certified financial advisors are just imitating so wont the real Slim Certified financial advisor please stand up, please stand up, please stand up cause I’m Slim Certified financial advisor, yes, I’m the real Certified financial advisor all you other Slim Certified financial advisors are just imitating so wont the real Slim Certified financial advisor please stand up, please stand up, please stand up cause I’m Slim Certified financial advisor, yes, I’m the real Certified financial advisor all you other Slim Certified financial advisors are just imitating so wont the real Slim Certified financial advisor please stand up, please stand up, please stand up cause I’m Slim Certified financial advisor, yes, I’m the real Certified financial advisor all you other Slim Certified financial advisors are just imitating so wont the real Slim Certified financial advisor please stand up, please stand up, please stand up (Talking) haha guess there’s a slim certified financial advisor in all of us… fuck it let’s all stand up . . sometimes i toy with the replace key - - haha