CFA Inst to penalise Schweser Users?

CFA is actually run by the Masons.

“I think at some point the CFAI is going to increase the difficulty of the exam to preserve attractiveness of the designation.” Oh cmon on. Last year, 40% of people passed the test. You cant get much more difficult than that.

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I think at some point the CFAI is going to > increase the difficulty of the exam to preserve > attractiveness of the designation.” > > Oh cmon on. Last year, 40% of people passed the > test. You cant get much more difficult than that. i think a better measure would be the amount of knowledge necessary to pass the test.

I still stand behind 2 years of applicable experience before you can sit.

You can not judge a person where he starts. I think I might be the one who asked something about equity. But I passed level 1 with all sections > 70 % a few months later. I am not against making the exam harder though because it is still fair. Just deny anyone not in the industry is not a fair solution.

disptra, i agree with you. It’s important what you know when you receive the designation.

I like the idea of having 2 years of applicable experience before you can take the exam. To make it fair for all the IT/HR/whatever people, they could allow anyone to take L1, but to continue on with L2 and L3, you would need at least 1/2 of the required experience before you could take it (2 years). L1 candidacy would probably decrease (which I am sure CFAI does not want), but then you would not end up with people that have passed LIII but have no experience.

I can agree with wanderingcfa’s idea.